UK Higher Education Store Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nomad01, Aug 25, 2007.

1. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Hi,

I've just been offered a position at a University and so I called the Apple HE store who processed my order but I'm now concerned that they'll want some kind of confirmation when I don't actually start at the Uni for about 4 or 5 weeks.

Anyone know how they check up on this kind of thing?

Steve

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I assume you have your acceptance letter from UCAS, which I'm sure will be fine if they check up.

3. sananda macrumors 68020

i thought they asked for a university email address when taking the order.

4. ashokc macrumors member

When i applied they asked me to scan a copy of proof of my entrance although in the past when i applied they already had the student details on the system. They would just log in to the HE site for me when i was at home and place the order from there.

5. Bow Rekk macrumors member

I logged into ucas on the imac in the apple store. I only had a conditional then but he gave me the full discount without any questions.

I also bought Logic pro over the phone and got the full discount again. I wasn't asked for any proof at all. I suppose they must check up from time to time or already had my name on a computer somewhere as being eligible for the discount...

6. shayesky macrumors member

apple edu not worth it

go through clubmac for edu stuff. better yet, buy refurbs.
    as for software, I get mine through Journeyed.com and I know
    there is another one out there as well. I have been full time staff
    for 11 years, and have never bought an edu mac or anything through
    the apple store. it can be found cheaper.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

This is the UK, you get a 16% discount and free 3 year warranty for buying via the HE site.

8. nomad01 thread starter macrumors 68000

nomad01

I've only just been offered the job so I'm still waiting for my offer letter. I'm working there in an IT capacity. I explained all this over the phone when I ordered.

I was asked for an email address at the university. I gave what I expect my address to be so I guess if they try to contact me there, they'll possibly fail if it's not set up yet.

However, the university email address is not the contact address for me on my Apple account so they should use that one.

If they do contact me I guess I'll have to try to delay them until I get to the uni and know my new email address.

Just concerned they'll cancel the order! :-s

Steve

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sorry given the time of year I assumed you were a student :eek:, BTW which university are you working at?

10. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

i've never been asked for proof of my status. only one person i know has ever been asked. i've seen people place £7k orders through the EDU store and not get asked.

if they do check, they don't do it much. and when they do, they obviously don't care from what i've seen.