UK Higher Education Warranty with Refurb Store

Discussion in 'iMac' started by adit, Oct 24, 2012.

1. adit macrumors member

Hi all,

I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new iMacs but after the disappointing new iMacs and price hike on the base 21.5" I have now decided to get a 2011 model through the refurb store.

I am just a little confused weather I will get the three year limited hardware warranty that you get when you buy any new apple products through the HE site when logged on through the University network or will it be the standard 1 year warranty?

Secondly if I want to purchase apple care for the Refurb iMac will I be able to get this for the cheap price of approx £40 or is that only for new computers?

Hopefully there will be some online in the morning on the refurb store.

Thanks for your help.

Adit

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

You don't get discount on refurb store, and you won't be eligible for the Apple Care as it's with new computers only. But, I checked my own university link and they haven't updated the prices on the iMacs. There seems to be no discount on them yet, so just wait a little longer.

3. adit thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the prompt response.

I think they will probably offer approximately 12% discount bringing the entry level 21.5" down to about £970?

4. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Well for the macbooks they take 15% off the price, so if you apply the same formula to the iMac, then it'll be £934.15. It'll probably be £934.20, since the Macbooks if you take 15% off their £999 price, it's actually £859.15, but they round it up to 20 pence.... how generous. :)