[UK] iDay: So who here is actually going to queue....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Devil's Refugee, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

Just a census of sorts to find out whether people are actually going to queue for the iPhone early on or turn up around 5ish and chance it ?

I can't see the same queueing happening that did in the States. Apart from the two TUAW bloggers in Regent Street trying to bag some limelight I reckon there'll be a steady influx of people from 5-6pm onwards but nothing mental.

2. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

My local - and rather small - Carphone store told me yesterday that they'd got 100 in stock that had arrived yesterday morning, so I'm going to rock up at 6pm and collect mine!

They'd got 9 demo units they were unwrapping behind the counter (in white boxes) but they wouldn't let me play with one!

Not long to wait now though... Work is going to go soooo slow!

3. alFR macrumors 68020

Going to turn up 5ish I think: main reason is I won't be able to go to get one tomorrow. To be honest I can't see anywhere selling out, but we'll see later I suppose!

4. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

5. snapper07 macrumors 6502

going to turn up 4.30ish a guy in the local 02 store said he's going to call me if a big queue starts to form!
    Can't wait going to be great to finally get one!!

6. ripkord macrumors 6502

I'll casually walk past 02 in buchanan galleries glasgow, if theres a queue at 5.30 I may join it :) then again I may not, I'm #16 on the 'not really a pre-order' list, and they are getting 200 in.

7. Bongolo macrumors regular

I'll be in town from 2 PM and keep an eye outside my local 02 store ... Cant wait!! :D

8. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

9. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i might queue up with my unlocked iphone to tease the people in the line :D

10. Stonie24 macrumors newbie

strolling over to regents st. around 5:30ish there might be a long queue but i doubt it will be the epic queue that was leopard. i figure there will be lots of casual passers-by who will join the queue to get in and gawk at and play with the display models but not everyone will actually be buying one.

11. Stonie24 macrumors newbie

nice one RossoA, how many people is it up to now? the guys over at TUAW said a few more die-hards have joined since this morning...

12. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I'm just going to Regent Street at 5.

If the queue is stupidly busy I can always walk to one of what? twenty? other O2 or Carphone Warehouse's within a five minute walk.

Phazer

13. Project macrumors 68020

14. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I'm turning up at 6.02pm.

15. metoo6000 macrumors regular

16. Oh-es-Ten macrumors regular

Oh-es-Ten

Not too bad.

Walked past the Regent Street store on my way to work this morning. The queue was only about 25 people or so.

I plan to head on down at 4:30pm to see how it is. If it is manic, then I will go and catch a movie and come back later... I don't believe they will sell out... but we'll see...

To everyone in the line - Good Morning!

ps. Sorry for crappy old camera phone image. Not too much longer for that old thing..

Attached Files:

17. alFR macrumors 68020

Any updates from the queues? RossoA? Thought you were going to be liveblogging this. :)

18. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Can't be bothered to queue, I have a feeling that there will be no-one at the store im planning on going to. It's not in the middle of no-where but its far enough out to be overlooked.

19. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

My local o2 store has 100 phones, it's not in a big place, so I plan to get there around 5.30pm after I've been to the dentist.

On;y 3 hours & 18 mins left!!

20. illitrate23 macrumors 6502

illitrate23

if they're queuing around the corner on Hanover St then from what i remember there is no free wifi available there - although the people from the Cloud said they were gonna be providing wifi