UK iPad 2 tracking ...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacMadUK, Apr 7, 2011.

1. MacMadUK, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

MacMadUK macrumors member

Anyone else get this email from Apple? Doesn't say much but just wandering what is going to be sent out first. Have iPad, Red Leather Smart Cover and the SIM on order ...

Thank you for choosing the Apple Store.

With reference to your recent order, we would like to inform you that we have split the shipment of your order to expediate items as they become available. As items on your order are dispatched you will receive a dispatch notification email from Apple advising you of expected delivery dates and enabling you to track your order.

The first delivery of your iPad 2 will be made by carrier. You can track this delivery on the following order status link or alternatively on the carriers own website

http://store.apple.com/uk/orderstatus

The remainder of this order will be dispatched by mail and delivered to your shipping address. As your order is being delivered by post there is no online tracking available for this.

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Kind regards,
    The Apple Store

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

<-- twitter and Facebook status updates are that way

3. MacMadUK thread starter macrumors member

:confused: Thanks for that ... very helpful!

4. paynedj macrumors newbie

Snap. I suspect it makes no practical difference. I suppose the encouraging thing is that something is happening and it looks as if we might be getting close to shipping of at least one item if they have reached the view they need to split the shipment.

That said, there's no change to my order status.

I ordered a Black 3G + 32gb and a Black Leather Smart Cover. Still showing shipping date of 15th April and Delivery 26th April. Hopefully that might come forward a bit.

5. zerox17virus macrumors member

When tracking order, track using store.apple.com instead of store.apple.com/uk (Basically the US site updates quicker than UK) you would see that your order is "prepared for shipment" instead of "Not yet Shipped" Because of this change it is telling you that your iPad is being shipped first before you red smart cover. This is happening to me atm, my red smart cover is "not yet shipped" and my ipad said "prepared for shipment"

6. Beardy man macrumors regular

Yep, got same email, no change yet - despite at least 2 people who seem to have got PFS status this morning.

For the record:

Order Mar 25, 2011 12:32 AM GMT
    Not yet Shipped

iPAD WI-FI 3G 64GB BLACK-GBR
    Estimated Shipping: 15 Apr, 2011
    Estimated Delivery: 26 Apr, 2011

Shame the delivery isn't "click/refresh" powered. It would be here by now ;-)

7. cronosra macrumors newbie

Same here...

I received the exact same email early this morning so checked the status of my order which unfortunately was still unchanged. :mad:

I later noticed a post on here this morning someone mentioned that when checking the status of their order via the US site it said that their order was PFS. When i checked my own order this way it stated PFS as well.
    Hopefully this is a good sign and things will start to move now, i am not holding my breath though as my camera attachment should have been delivered on 05/04/11 and is still showing as not yet despatched on both UK and US sites. :rolleyes:

8. Beardy man macrumors regular

My camera connection kit says exactly the same. Estimated dispatch 25/03 Estimated deliver 05/04. Never turned up!

My iPad still showing NYS even on the USA store :(

9. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

If you'd ordered a uSIM that would have been given a delivery estimate of around today and iPad on 15 April onwards. Guessing the uSIMs are about to ship.

10. zerox17virus macrumors member

For those who are in the UK patiently waiting for your iPad it's on their way.

I just received an e-mail from Apple saying it has shipped on April 7th by UPS
    and it will deliver by April 14th. But only my iPad tho not my smart cover.