Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Disappointing that Amazon aren’t doing monthly payments on the new iPads.
Strange… I’m seeing the pay in 5 option in app across the SKUs

IMG_0711.jpeg

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Just got my Smart Folio for the 11". A bit thinner than the old one but the M1 11" fits it well, BUT, Apple must have changed the magnets round as the M1 won't stick into the new Folio. Apart from that they're the same size.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Just got my Smart Folio for the 11". A bit thinner than the old one but the M1 11" fits it well, BUT, Apple must have changed the magnets round as the M1 won't stick into the new Folio. Apart from that they're the same size.
Good old Apple

mine arrives 11th I think with iPad and pencil still 15th

Reactions: AVBeatMan

IT Troll

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
Edinburgh
The ESR Shift Magnetic (Pro 11) I ordered has just arrived. The build and material finish is exactly the same as can be seen in reviews for previous models. Obviously I cannot assess the fit or operation. The internal depth of the inner case is just a little over 5mm, so that's promising.

Reactions: johnyslats

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
Does it fold the same? I saw someone say the distance between the folds was different which might change the viewing angles.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
The new folio case arrived for the 13” Pro. Assuming the cardboard insert represent the M4 form factor, it’s quite an impressive reduction in thickness compared to my old M1.

Doesn’t really translate in the photo but in the hand I was quite surprised at how much thinner it really is going to be.
IMG_8998.jpeg

F-Stop

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
The 'Sunny' South Coast UK
Anybody bothering with Apple care for their new iPads?
Absolutely, I will be! Far too expensive to replace ( especially that OLED screen ) should the unthinkable happen and it accidentally gets dropped on the floor! My iPads stay in my house ninety percent of the time but I would seriously doubt that it could survive a fall in my ( tiled ) kitchen without any damage and/or issues. :eek:

Andy

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012
For info - Costco now has the new iPads in stock for less than Apple sells them (e.g., £1250 vs £1300 for the 256gb 13in iPP). It costs £15 for an annual membership to the Costco website. They sell most Apple products for a discount (especially Macs). Highly recommend it.

Reactions: AVBeatMan and ukp

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
Silver 11” Pro 512GB WiFi, Pencil Pro, white Magic Keyboard and denim smart folio. Thank heavens prices didn’t rocket!
Eek am now questioning my choice of Black Pro (also ordered the Air in Starlight as was set on lighter coour until the graphics of the Black Pro appeared on the launch event!)

My Apple Pay has a limit, but, my bank will not tell me that limit! Which is just ridiculous as it means I have to carry my physical bank card with me (if I am paying for anything substantial) just in case.

It was my understanding that AP has no limit - it’s just what your bank decides - which is fine if you can set the limit or know it. Early days of AP I paid for my car to be serviced (£1600) went through with no problems, since then it has been declined for lesser amounts.

I had a weird siutation a couiple of years back when Apple Pay was being declined automatically. Bank said they weren't declining but I was convinced it was something to do with ordering 3 iphone 14 PM''s that week. The bank advised me to go and use chip and pin in a shop (they said that occasionally you need to do this). It worked so would suggest trying that!

Strange… I’m seeing the pay in 5 option in app across the SKUs

View attachment 2376114
I don't think these payment options are routinely offered to everyone. It's not showing for me on the new models currently but often I do get this option. Have found it useful in the past for example I got a Belkin 3-in-1 wireless charger using it once. Effectively spread a £100 transaction so I didn't really feel like I'd shelled out a hundred quid.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Absolutely, I will be! Far too expensive to replace ( especially that OLED screen ) should the unthinkable happen and it accidentally gets dropped on the floor! My iPads stay in my house ninety percent of the time but I would seriously doubt that it could survive a fall in my ( tiled ) kitchen without any damage and/or issues. :eek:

Andy
given how thin it is I think I may get apple care lol

Reactions: Wags and F-Stop

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
This eSim crap is a pain in the butt.
Spoke to EE yesterday about upgrading to eSim for the new iPads
They ordered a eSim and disconnected my physical sim today
Now I have eSim activation failure, CS deleted the eSim and got me to redownload it. still won’t activate so QR code being delivered

Why Apple 🙈

Last edited:
Reactions: klasma

LaysC

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2022
Pulled the trigger on an 13-inch 1TB model for 15 May delivery. Current 11-inch iPad Pro from 2018 has got a broken display that would cost £500 to replace. Figured that this one should last me until the next big iPad update.

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
My status now says shipped.

Not really.. just wanted to see how many people went straight to their order to check 😁
that's exciting. I just ordered a cellular model via EE at 1pm and it said usually dispatched with 28 days at check out but the order confirmation now says dispatched within a day so fingers crossed.

Its for our daughters birthday present and its purple air.. I think I'm more excited to watch her open it

Reactions: johnyslats

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Mine is now preparing to ship. I sold my old 2018 iPad Pro for £179 at Cex. It’s lasted well the updates have been small finally a good reason to upgrade.

twyles

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
UK
Found out last night that not being content with charging the £1996 for my iPad and bits to my card, Apple have randomly charged an additional £268 without any reference, which has in this case pushed my card over its limit. So I made payment to make sure I was under the limit and this morning spoke with Apple.

I was emailed the following response, “in certain cases, Apple will request and obtain an authorization but will only use (settle) part of the authorization. Another authorization will be requested to complete payment for the order. Once all item(s) on the order have been shipped and invoiced, Apple will automatically reverse any difference within 1-2 business days.”

Well that’s just great. Thanks Apple. Luckily I don’t use the card generally and was in a position to bring it back under the limit. Here’s a novel idea - How about charging customers for what they choose to buy and nothing more? 🤬

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.