iPad UK iPad Air 2 Cellular Status/Dispatched/Delivery Updates

Discussion in 'iPad' started by robohunter, Oct 22, 2014.

1. robohunter macrumors member

I noticed a dedicated thread for US users who are waiting for a cellular iPad Air 2. They all seem to be stuck on "Processing Items". I've seen a handful of EU cellular "shipped" posts and one UK user who said his or hers was delivered today.

However, everyone else from the UK in the "main" threads who are waiting for a cellular preorder seems to be in the same boat as our US friends, including some whose delivery estimates have been pushed back. This thread might not catch on, but I'll start...

Model: 128GB Wifi + Cellular, Silver
    Ordered: 17th October, 4.06pm
    Delivery estimate: 22 to 24 October

A hold was placed on my payment card on Friday but has since lapsed.

There's no allocated iPad in https://supportprofile.apple.com/

I have seen no reports of brick and mortar Apple Stores having cellular models in stock, even for display.

2. liquorice macrumors regular

liquorice

Have ordered same model at the same time frame, also same thing with the money held then released .
    Still on processing and have had no delivery date changes .

3. Pluto88888 macrumors regular

iPad Air 2 128gb space grey cellular still shows 22th-24th October.
    Order still processing items.

4. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

Mine has changed from Delivery 22nd-24th to 28th-30th. It's for 64GB WiFi+Cellular....:mad:

5. neil1981 macrumors member

I ordered my Air 2 64GB SG 4G at about 5pm last Friday. It was showing as delivery for the 22nd-24th, that slipped to 28th - 30th yesterday. 4pm today I had a call from Apple telling me that I won't get it until Wednesday unless I change to a gold or silver and then I can have it on Friday. So, it appears that either demand for the SG ones are higher or there is a production problem.

Im a little bit miffed to say the least with Apple this year. With having to wait a month for a launch day ordered iPhone 6 Plus and now a week after launch for an Air 2.

6. stringent macrumors 6502

stringent

iPad Air 2 64GB in Silver, Cellular

I just checked and have got it Preparing for Shipment. Ordered about 4pm (UK time) on Friday afternoon! Still says 22-24th for delivery.

7. robohunter, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

robohunter thread starter macrumors member

Nice. I hope mine changes this evening!

Any of you get the Apple SIM suddenly appear in your order summary?

EDIT: Mine still says processing but my payment card just got charged — it must have happened in the last ten minutes or so because I've been logging in and out of online banking. The "Available to spend" amount just went down by the cost of the iPad, so I'm expecting "Preparing for shipment" shortly.

8. robohunter thread starter macrumors member

Changed to "Preparing for dispatch" within the past few minutes.

9. liquorice macrumors regular

liquorice

Just checked mine and it's prepare for dispatch as well :)

10. jqworle macrumors newbie

11. srbuk macrumors newbie

Ordered iPad Air 2 128 Gb cellular space grey at 16.20 last Friday. Delivery 22 to 24 October then this morning was 28-30 but reverted to 22-24 by lunchtime. Status still shows as Processing.

12. Mr.C macrumors 601

Mine is the same model with the same delivery estimate ordered on the same day but at approximately 4:59 PM. However mine is showing as preparing for dispatch as of around 7:00 PM today.

13. stringent macrumors 6502

stringent

Nope, not yet. Im guessing Friday for mine now.

14. mikekirk macrumors member

Yes, I have. Yesterday my date changed to 28-30th delivery, now it's gone back to 22-24th but rather than Standard Delivery it now says Express Delivery, plus an Apple Sim has appeared on an extra line to be delivered on Friday. My card still hasn't been charged though.

Mine is a 64GB + Cellular

15. r0cky macrumors member

128GB Space Grey status did the same, though reverted just before I cancelled it.

16. robohunter thread starter macrumors member

Dispatched! Hurrah. It's currently with Syncreon Parcel at Hinckley. Estimated for delivery tomorrow (24 October). My only slight concern is that Syncreon is not a courier but a logistics company — a middleman for moving items from warehouses to delivery companies. The term "Delivery" for them sometimes really means "delivered to the courier".

For example, my smart cover was dispatched with Syncreon Postal, and this morning I got a push notification from the Apple Store app on my iPhone to tell me it had been delivered. It hadn't — not to my home anyway. A bit of digging uncovered that this actually meant that Syncreon had "delivered" my smart cover to a hub in Carlisle (I'm in Northern Ireland). UK Mail is based in Carlisle so I expect they will do the actual final delivery to my home. Very confusing for the recipient!

I just hope the iPad arrives at my home rather than Carlisle tomorrow!

Link for anyone in the same boat:

Syncreon tracking — enter the "Delivery number" from your Apple order page (begins with "8"), then, when prompted, the Apple order number (begins with "W"):

https://seal.syncreon.com/synview-o...ESSIONID=B050C698-9B35-D385-13EC-C2D7FE085C58

17. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

To be honest I think for stuff like this, they hand over to the Post Office.

18. Tyrannosaurs macrumors member

Ditto for my 128Gb, Wi-fi + Cellular, Space Grey.

19. liquorice macrumors regular

liquorice

Mines been preparing for dispatch since this time yesterday.

----------

Just got a dispatch email, no tracking as yet :D

20. neil1981 macrumors member

My 64GB Space Grey LTE (ordered 1735) was dispatched today from China. I guess I must have missed all the UK stock. Showing a delivery estimate of Monday/Tuesday. It was showing as being delivered 22-24th until yesterday.

Apple really seems to have dropped the ball with product launches this year. I had to wait almost a month for a launch day ordered iPhone 6 Plus too.