UK iPad, first preorder shipment sold out!!!

couzo

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2010
Probably a basic question but if i order mine and it had May 28th delivery on it does that mean i got one in time to get mine on UK release?

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Probably a basic question but if i order mine and it had May 28th delivery on it does that mean i got one in time to get mine on UK release?
I would say that if you ordered it anytime before 6pm yesterday, you're safe for May 28th delivery -although I'm sure that any ordered before the date-change on the website this morning will be delivered on launch day, there just might be a grey area. Pure speculation on my part.

slanted-uk

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2009
How do you reserve for store pickup? Do you have to go instore and pay for it upfront? I get paid on the 28th but I want to pre-order one! Hopefully I can reserve it without paying there and then?

yegon

macrumors 68030
Oct 20, 2007
No store pickup options available. Was gonna do the same, but delivery was the only option.

yegon

macrumors 68030
Oct 20, 2007
I'd love to know, but you know what Apple are like.

When I ordered mine at 5am on Monday, knowing that they started around midnight, I wondered where I was in the queue....in the first 50k d'you reckon? Impossible to guess I suppose.

billyjoegibsonx

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
Jeezo! I read this somewhere else and almost had a heart attack cause i thought that ALL orders would be shipped 7th June instead of may 28th! Wooo even more excited to get my ipad!! :D I was going to cancel my order and re order it cause i thought they didn't have my order details properlly! but all seems good :cool:

16 days 'till i camp out at the top of my stairs waiting for it to be delivered! Won't pretend I'm a dog, can't scare them away! :D :D

smiddlehurst

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2007
:eek:
I wonder how many units they had available for the first wave?
Well considering they've had two months to build up stocks I've gotta figure they've got at LEAST as many as the US launch so, what, 500,000 as a minimum shared between the six territories? Probably more than that as the 3G model is out as well. Considering they're still struggling to keep stocks available in the US I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them make it past 3 million units in the first 3 months.

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
Australian store has changed to June 7 as well now but my order remains the 28th.

The camera connection kit I ordered at the same time though is June 7.

DKatri

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2009
Birmingham, UK
Does 'ships by' mean that it'll leave their place on the 28th or delivered by the 28th. I have the 28th off work but then I'm in work all weekend and then Monday-Wednesday so if it comes a day late or on Monday I'm gonna have to wait to have full play with it. That would not be fun.

lukefinch

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
South Yorkshire, England
Huge sigh of relief:eek:

Thank goodness i stayed up until 2:30am on the 10th to pre order mine! I was going to wait until around 4:00am as that was the time it came out in Australia.

To give an idea of how fast they were selling at that time in the morning, i ordered the first one at 2:35am and I then canceled that order, added an ipad dock to the order and then reordered at 2:45am and that order number was 152 places in front.

If i am correct in thinking that the last 3 numbers give an indication as to what number you were to order the ipad, they were selling over 152 ipads in 10 minutes at 2:30am!

gazwas

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2008
Word of warning

Australian store has changed to June 7 as well now but my order remains the 28th.

The camera connection kit I ordered at the same time though is June 7.
Was in the same boat. A WORD OF WARNING!! :(
iPad delivered by May 28th, camera connection kit 7th June. However if you read your order it says items will not ship until order is complete. :eek:

I rang Apple and they confirmed the order would not ship until all items available even though the iPad says delivered by 28th. The rep advised I cancelled the camera connection kit and now my order says delivered by 28th May.

I origanally asked about split shipping and a request was made but nothing came of it, order still said ships 7th Jane. After my second phone call I asked about this and rep said probably not going to work so better to buy camera kit at a later date.

batfink666

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2010
so the question is now, how many units will each UK retail store have available on release day?

I didnt get a pre order in so looks like it will be an early morning camp out on release day

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
Was in the same boat. A WORD OF WARNING!! :(
iPad delivered by May 28th, camera connection kit 7th June. However if you read your order it says items will not ship until order is complete. :eek:

I rang Apple and they confirmed the order would not ship until all items available even though the iPad says delivered by 28th. The rep advised I cancelled the camera connection kit and now my order says delivered by 28th May.
You got me worried, but my order says:

Shipping Options
Items will be shipped separately as they become available.​

roblawton

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2007
Preston, UK
Well, I decided on Monday to take a chance and go to a store on launch day - That's pretty much made my mind up now!

The only difference, is that I now need to get there a bit earlier to make sure I'm DEFINATELY number one in the queue!

Glad I'm going for a 64Gb - Hopefully, there'll be plenty of stock for me :D