UK iPad, first preorder shipment sold out!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pete.kyle, May 12, 2010.

1. pete.kyle macrumors newbie

The UK store now says ships by June 7th!! That was quick!

2. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Wow, that literally must have been just updated! I was checking that out less than half an hour ago! :eek:

3. DKatri macrumors 6502

4. sinophilia macrumors regular

sinophilia

The Italian store has the same wording now, really happy to have ordered it on Day 1! :D

5. couzo macrumors newbie

Probably a basic question but if i order mine and it had May 28th delivery on it does that mean i got one in time to get mine on UK release?

6. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Lol. Makes me even more glad I got mine 2 weeks ago. :D

7. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I would say that if you ordered it anytime before 6pm yesterday, you're safe for May 28th delivery -although I'm sure that any ordered before the date-change on the website this morning will be delivered on launch day, there just might be a grey area. Pure speculation on my part.

8. couzo macrumors newbie

9. Streethawk macrumors 6502

Well, thats made my mind up for me. Early morning on release day it is!

10. slanted-uk macrumors newbie

How do you reserve for store pickup? Do you have to go instore and pay for it upfront? I get paid on the 28th but I want to pre-order one! Hopefully I can reserve it without paying there and then?

11. yegon macrumors 68020

No store pickup options available. Was gonna do the same, but delivery was the only option.

12. Gymgenius Suspended

:eek:
    I wonder how many units they had available for the first wave?

13. yegon macrumors 68020

I'd love to know, but you know what Apple are like.

When I ordered mine at 5am on Monday, knowing that they started around midnight, I wondered where I was in the queue....in the first 50k d'you reckon? Impossible to guess I suppose.

14. EasyJW macrumors member

15. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

Jeezo! I read this somewhere else and almost had a heart attack cause i thought that ALL orders would be shipped 7th June instead of may 28th! Wooo even more excited to get my ipad!! :D I was going to cancel my order and re order it cause i thought they didn't have my order details properlly! but all seems good :cool:

16 days 'till i camp out at the top of my stairs waiting for it to be delivered! Won't pretend I'm a dog, can't scare them away! :D :D

16. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Well considering they've had two months to build up stocks I've gotta figure they've got at LEAST as many as the US launch so, what, 500,000 as a minimum shared between the six territories? Probably more than that as the 3G model is out as well. Considering they're still struggling to keep stocks available in the US I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them make it past 3 million units in the first 3 months.

17. thechungster macrumors regular

Good job I pre-ordered on the 10th May at 7:30AM ;D

18. awmazz macrumors 65816

Australian store has changed to June 7 as well now but my order remains the 28th.

The camera connection kit I ordered at the same time though is June 7.

19. DKatri macrumors 6502

Does 'ships by' mean that it'll leave their place on the 28th or delivered by the 28th. I have the 28th off work but then I'm in work all weekend and then Monday-Wednesday so if it comes a day late or on Monday I'm gonna have to wait to have full play with it. That would not be fun.

20. lukefinch macrumors 6502

lukefinch

Huge sigh of relief:eek:

Thank goodness i stayed up until 2:30am on the 10th to pre order mine! I was going to wait until around 4:00am as that was the time it came out in Australia.

To give an idea of how fast they were selling at that time in the morning, i ordered the first one at 2:35am and I then canceled that order, added an ipad dock to the order and then reordered at 2:45am and that order number was 152 places in front.

If i am correct in thinking that the last 3 numbers give an indication as to what number you were to order the ipad, they were selling over 152 ipads in 10 minutes at 2:30am!

21. gazwas macrumors member

gazwas

Word of warning

Was in the same boat. A WORD OF WARNING!! :(
    iPad delivered by May 28th, camera connection kit 7th June. However if you read your order it says items will not ship until order is complete. :eek:

I rang Apple and they confirmed the order would not ship until all items available even though the iPad says delivered by 28th. The rep advised I cancelled the camera connection kit and now my order says delivered by 28th May.

I origanally asked about split shipping and a request was made but nothing came of it, order still said ships 7th Jane. After my second phone call I asked about this and rep said probably not going to work so better to buy camera kit at a later date.

22. batfink666 macrumors newbie

so the question is now, how many units will each UK retail store have available on release day?

I didnt get a pre order in so looks like it will be an early morning camp out on release day

23. awmazz macrumors 65816

You got me worried, but my order says:

Shipping Options
    Items will be shipped separately as they become available.​

24. roblawton macrumors 6502

Well, I decided on Monday to take a chance and go to a store on launch day - That's pretty much made my mind up now!

The only difference, is that I now need to get there a bit earlier to make sure I'm DEFINATELY number one in the queue!

Glad I'm going for a 64Gb - Hopefully, there'll be plenty of stock for me :D