Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthecoast

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Ok, now that I got this beautiful creature I need to insure it. Anyone know of a good place to insure the iPad that will cover accidental damage, loss and theft?

Cheers

ebony

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2007
I pay an extra £6 a year to cover all electrical items such as ipads, iPods, iPhones etc in and away from the house on my home insurance. Cheapest and easiest way. It's for theft, loss and accidental damage.

I have an excess of £100 on that, but for me that's worth it if something does happen.

onthecoast

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Thanks, but I'm personally looking at a more 'standalone' solution if you will...

any suggestions?

drewbwfc

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Thanks for this, I'm definitely thinking of purchasing...

Yeah it's worth a think over. I'd not really considered insuring it but at £43 for a years cover or £80 odd for 2 it's not to bad a value for complete peace mind.

Hmmmmmmm

Ross2000

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
I pay an extra £6 a year to cover all electrical items such as ipads, iPods, iPhones etc in and away from the house on my home insurance. Cheapest and easiest way. It's for theft, loss and accidental damage.

I have an excess of £100 on that, but for me that's worth it if something does happen.

Which insurance company are you with?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.