UK iPad Mini - When to queue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jakeruston, Oct 28, 2012.

1. jakeruston macrumors regular

Hi,

So Apple stores in the UK are opening at 8am for the iPad Mini launch, but what time are people going to start queuing for it? When's the latest people arrive for these launches whilst still getting hold of one?

This will be the first launch I've been to, I've always ordered online in the past.

Thanks!

2. PS65 macrumors 6502

I think you should go and queue up now, just to be safe.

3. jakeruston thread starter macrumors regular

Lol that would probably be a bit excessive, especially since I'll be queuing up at the Norwich store which will be a lot less busy than the London ones :p

4. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

But if its a small store that might only get a handful. Better to be safe, go and queue now :D

5. LaNex macrumors 6502

I don't know what time is best, but at least you'll be out of the weather at Chapelfield. ;)

(I'm a Norwicher too, but mine is on pre order for delivery.)

If I recall correctly from the local newspaper reports, people queued from about five am for the iphone 5 in Norwich. But I could be wrong because I assume that Chapelfield itself doesn't open until at certain time which I doubt is that early, but - they have been known to open such places early on Apple launch days.

6. jakeruston thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your insight :) Cool that you're in Norwich too!

I hope they have enough stock of the white iPad Minis. Sadly due to the buses in my area the earliest I can get there for is 6:45am, which I hope will be early enough to get one.

7. iJohnnyG macrumors member

I'll be heading to either Metrocentre (Gateshead) or Eldon Square store at about 06:00 on Friday. Not yet decided which store, normally go to Metrocentre for 06:00 and never have any problems.

8. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Have you checked with Metro Centre/Eldon Square if they have any special arrangements for Friday?

9. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I hope there aren't queues for the Cabot Circus Bristol store. I would like to be able to just walk in and pick one up around 8.

10. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

The preorder allocation sold out in both colours within 12 hours last Friday, so wouldn't you think thats probably not all that likely to be possible?

11. WillFisher macrumors 6502

WillFisher

Personally I picked up my 3rd Gen iPad from the Westfield store.
    Getting there at 5am I was quite a far bit back, yet once I got mine at around 9am, I went round the back of the queue and people were still walking round and being able to join the queue and get the iPads they wanted.
    I think 5/6am would be okay if the store isn't on Oxford street etc, but better to get there early would be my advice!
    Also, Westfield give out free Krispy Kreme's and water! What could be better?!

12. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

No idea as I've never bought an Apple product from the store upon launch before. I'm just assuming the Cabot Circus store isn't that popular and may not have a big queue. Maybe someone else has experience with Apple Stores in Bristol.

13. iJohnnyG macrumors member

Not yet Dave, will do tomorrow. :)