UK iPad - Orange FR Data?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by northy124, May 10, 2010.

1. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Hey guys,

I am planning on buying an iPad in the UK for my trip to France (I know was going to buy US one but glad I didn't as from the looks of it not worth the hassle :p) but I am puzzled at how I could go about getting Data from Orange FR as I can't see anywhere on their site about international users :( is it as simple as buying an iPad mSim from store and slotting it in and using UK DC or does it have to be French DC/CC?

IDK just as this is the main reason I am getting it, I want to be sure I will be able to use it :)

2. Fezzy macrumors newbie

Not sure. I've tried topping up an Orange France mobicarte / prepray sim using an uk debit/ and credit card and both have been declined so you probably will need a french cc/dc.

3. northy124 thread starter macrumors 68020

northy124

Damn :( so screwed by looks of it, hope it will become clearer later on :)

4. Plx32 macrumors member

iPad deals announced in France by Orange FR and SFR are a disaster.

Not only are they among the most expensive in the world, but the offers are very limited (almost no prepaid, everything by contract from carriers' stores and absolutely zero interraction from iPad)

As of May 28th, only SFR will offer prepaid microSIMs but for a RIDICULOUS price : 9,90€ ($12,80 ; £8,60) for 3 days with a maximum of 75 MB/day :eek: then 6€ each additional day with the same maximum of 75 MB/day. :eek::eek:

Orange FR deals :
    200 MB/month for 10€ ($12,80 ; £8,60)
    2 GB/month for 39€ ($50 ; £34)
    will be contract only (although they can be canceled anytime)
    No prepaid offer has been announced :(

5. northy124 thread starter macrumors 68020

northy124

So Orange FR is a no go if it is contract based then :( SFR seems okay for 2 weeks I guess :) but the prices vs amount you get = horrible long term lol.