UK iPad Pre-ordered, but no Store Collect

Discussion in 'iPad' started by raymondkerr, May 10, 2010.

1. raymondkerr macrumors regular

Just called the Glasgow Apple store and I was told I have to pre-order online for shipping on the 28th. No in store collect, :-( was a bit disappointed, took a day off work and was looking forward to going into the store to collect, but instead, I'll be waiting on the courier.

Anyone else had this experience ?

2. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Apple are apparently unsure if they are going to do CFS or not, so it's order to Home at the moment, although it can change and you will have the option to change the Shipping Method if it does change.

3. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Totally, although the writing was on the wall once the Australian preorders started last night with no store collection options.

4. raymondkerr thread starter macrumors regular

I'll keep my fingers crossed, that maybe the option to collect comes up. Call me a fanboy I know, but I just like the idea of the whole - visit to shop experience on the day. Was the same for the iPhone.

5. Banquo macrumors member

This is trouble for me as well - I live in Dublin and was hoping to scoot up to Newry or Belfast for the day and pick it up in person. They won't deliver to an Irish address, particularly one 150 miles south!

Blast.

6. ACDeag macrumors regular

I read somewhere that Currys/PC Worlds that have Apple sections in them will be selling them on release day. Needless to say neither side will confirm.