iPad UK ipad price - too good to be true?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Loopy65, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Loopy65 macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

I've ordered one ipad Air - 128GB wifi and cellular from isme.com - I have already had £45 cash back go through my topcashback account AND isme had £50 cash back on purchase over £400!! So I'm getting £95 off my ipad!!
    It is allegedly being delivered on Monday
    Time will tell and I'll post an update if/when I get one!

*crossing fingers and hoping*

2. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Been looking at that deal myself, why didn't you go through Quidco, you would have got £61.50 cash back.

The only thing putting me off are all the bad reports about isme on Hotukdeals.

Did you have to pay any postage?

3. Loopy65 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

Well grr didn't think of quidco I was in state of shock at ANY money off brand new iPads! Lol - £3.25 postage
    I only found it by accident as I was having trouble with the sourcing of the 128 GB version.
    I figured if it's not happening, worst case scenario I can get the money back via credit card and, as with any Apple product, if there's a problem with the ipad itself I go straight to apple so wouldn't have to deal with isme anyways.

4. Z3man macrumors 6502a

I hope for you they actually have the 128GB in stock, reading the thread over on Hotukdeals it seems they sometimes say they have stock when they don't, i would give them a call on monday just to make sure.

I am not sure whether to go for this deal or not as i really want the mini retina, but it's not been released yet. Mind you if i went for the current 16gb mini through isme it would work out at £203.30, not bad at all, the retina is going to be £319.00 and like rocking horse dung.

5. Loopy65 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

I have the mini now and was going to go for the retina mini but the air is so much lighter than my last full size (3) that it will be fine. To be honest I'm looking forward to reading mags on a bigger screen once more!
    I'll definitely post as soon as it arrives! Still very much wondering 'if' but it does state delivery on Monday and usually if things seem to be too good to be true they are!!!

6. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Monday would be very good service, especially if you only ordered it today, do they ship on a saturday.

Everything should be ok as they are part of the shop direct group that include littlewoods, very.co.uk and woolworths, so they are not going to rip you off, its just their customer services leave a bit to be desired if anything goes wrong.

7. rosiejones macrumors newbie

Sounds like a scam. They can't offer that high discount 128 GB device. Anyway, keep us updated though

8. THFourteen macrumors 6502

9. Newjackboy macrumors 6502

Plenty of bargains for new ipad air

Its incredible

There are so many bargains and discount codes floating around in the UK for the new ipad air

You'd have to be crazy to pay full retail price at an Apple store

10. Loopy65 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

Just got order confirmation that it'll be delivered tomorrow! I have also just got off the phone and they assure me it is in stock and due for delivery tomorrow!
    £95 cheaper than apple and with the apple guarantee.
    Still slightly sceptical but it's looking good at the moment!:D

11. THFourteen macrumors 6502

Yep I've ordered a 32GB cellular got the £50 discount and almost £50 quidco being tracked until 16th January

So much for waiting for the mini!

12. THFourteen macrumors 6502

So according to the website, it was despatched yesterday and should be here today.

Looks like it wasn't a scam! Wow, first time in years i've waited a week for a new launch and i've saved £100

13. Loopy65 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

Mine showing out for dispatch also .. still can't believe getting £100 off anything from Apple let alone the NEW iPad!!!!

14. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

It does look like a good price and I hope you get a trouble free experience :)

I bought my Air from John Lewis on Friday. I paid a little more than I probably could have, but John Lewis offer a 2 year guarantee. Now I know Apple and most retailers in the UK are supposed to oblige for up to 24 months on tablets that become faulty through normal use, but John Lewis are a pleasure to deal with from past experiences. They tend to swap or repair with minimal fuss. Apple can be a nightmare once the 12 month limited guarantee runs out and you really need to be well briefed before you try and get them to honour anything after that period. I just don't want my home button or screen to fail in the 13th or 14th month and be faced with a battle.

I paid £399 which is the RRP and am happy I have a bit of piece of mind concerning the device for the next 2 years. I think Tesco were offering the same iPad Air for £379.99 on Friday. I'm more than happy though. :)

15. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

+1 for John Lewis. Incidentally, after purchase I got them to price match the current Tesco promotion of £30 off - this was very quick and painless (just filled in a form on the JL website and got confirmation fairly quickly that they would refund me £30). Definitely worth a try!

16. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Oh thanks very much, I will definitely try that! Cheers for the tip :)

17. allonym macrumors regular

+2. Brilliant to deal with if anything goes wrong.

18. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Abit off topic but god I love their advert.

19. THFourteen macrumors 6502

Luckily i'm a yearly upgrader so i'm not that concerned about the year after next!

20. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

They always seem to produce a brilliant piece of marketing at Christmas and that advert tells a really good, and almost emotional story lol. Its strange because unlike most adverts it doesn't advertise the products they sell, but sticks in the consumers minds perfectly. You just think 'John Lewis' and that is enough. :)

Well exactly, if you are like that it makes no difference. I couldn't justify buying a new iPad every 12 months but might consider another in 2 years time. Quite a few of my friends and family are upgrading now from iPAd 2's and they've served them very well. My iPad 3 is really my wife's so I won't need to nick it any more. :)

21. jimbob500 macrumors newbie

If you thinks that's a good deal you should seen how happy I was to get a 32GB air from curry's for £250 plus a £20 voucher to use in store.

Only thing that is disappointing for me coming from my HP touchpad with android is the lack of torrent apps in the app store, guess I just have to manually sync the iPad until a ios7 jailbreak.

22. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Would you mind sharing how you managed to get the 32GB Air for £229.99 less than the retail price? To get an additional £20 on top to spend sounds like a mega deal! Was this a corporate deal or something like that? :)

23. jimbob500 macrumors newbie

nothing quite like that haha, if you look in the UK ipad air launch thread, there was a misprice on the currys website the morning it was released and a few people who ordered managed to get the order delivered, but most got cancellation emails.

24. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Oh I see, wow. Some got lucky including yourself there it seems. A few years ago even if they realised their mistake, they would still have to honour it if advertised. The laws have changed however and you are very lucky it wasn't picked up before it shipped.

I'm guessing with a saving like that, you'll be enjoying your iPad more than most! :)

25. THFourteen macrumors 6502

Retina minis out just in time!

Sold mine to a mate at work so he's got a nice discount at least.