UK iPads from Apple site shipping June 7? Really

Discussion in 'iPad' started by netdog, May 15, 2010.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

We ordered an iPad last night from Apple's site and the Wifi models were all showing a June 7 shipping date. Really? Should we expect it sooner?

2. mattyuk macrumors 6502

mattyuk

Old news but basically if you pre-ordered on 10th May, you will get it by the 28th. Any later (because of demand) it goes to June 7th.

3. thechungster macrumors regular

Well and the 11th and some orders from the 12th.

4. Boblister macrumors 6502a

First come first served. There are a good few people after them you know.

5. Frangore macrumors newbie

might be worth checking the premium resellers, i know western computer are taking pre orders for the release day.

6. Smollett macrumors newbie

I had ordered a wifi only model early on the 10th but changed my mind and cancelled it for a 3G enabled one a few hours later. The 2nd order showed a delivery date of 7th June. I called Apple and they said it was because I had added the camera attachment. Once I cancelled that my due date was 28th May again.

Smollett

7. mattyuk macrumors 6502

mattyuk

I dunno if thats true, hope it is but I definitely cant see orders on the 12th being eligible for earlier delivery.

8. thechungster macrumors regular

I remember seeing a thread commenting on the change in date at about 4-5PM UK time on the Wednesday and that someone who had ordered on it just managed to get the 28th May delivery date.

9. mattyuk macrumors 6502

mattyuk

10. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

I ordered on the 10th and it says by the 28th and everything. But when apple say by the 28th? what does this actually mean? Does it mean they will dispatch it by the 28th so it will come on or before the day of release?

I just wondering because if its not in the stores till the 28th do they post it before and hope we all get it on the 28th or is it more likely to arrive after the weekend?

Does any one have any idea how they will work this?

11. abcdefghijklmno macrumors member

In my experience with Apple products, this means they will ship it in time so that you should receive it on launch day, provided there are no delays with the carrier and someone is in to sign for the order etc.

Good luck!

A