UK iPhone 1 Warranty Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SAFC2403, Jul 9, 2008.

1. SAFC2403 macrumors member

I have a 1st gen iPhone and the damn thing is tempramental at best when being connected to a number of machines. I keep getting "USB device has malfunctioned". It looks as though the dock connector on the phone is bent somehow. It's always been a pain in the arse to get it to connect but usually wigging the usb cable fixed it but now it's becoming more of a problem.

I've been into the O2 shop I bought it from to be told to go onto apples website to do a warranty replacement but apple have said they won't do it via the website.

Has anyone managed to get theirs replaced?? And how will a replacement work now that there aren't any 1g iPhones left??

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I had to go to the Apple Store to get mine replaced. When I called they told me the turn around would be like two weeks or something like that and I'm in the US. Calling Apple may be your only option depending on if you have an Apple Store nearby.

As for you other question about stock, they will most likely give you a refurbished one. I think that is what they have been doing with warranty replacements here.

3. SAFC2403 thread starter macrumors member

I looked for an apple store but it's nearly 200 miles away!