Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
They bought back the 5G sim only plans but they have made them £2 more expensive. But if you get the smart benefit with Apple Music, that’s a good deal.

madmads

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2008
UK
I’ve got a S4 and apart from my inane instinct to want to upgrade every year (skipped S5 and bought s4 new at a lower price) I can’t d’s any reason not to keep what I’ve got........

roll on iPhone announcement!

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Really not sure how this ‘one price for all’ thing is gonna work though? I pay for a family iCloud storage at under £5 a month and I already have Apple Music through EE. What happens to these two if I then decide to subscribe to Apple One (which would include now iCloud and Apple Music)?

That’s a question I have as well. I have Apple Music free through Verizon and I’m paying $9.99 a month for 2TB of iCloud storage.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
If you’re getting free Apple Music via your provider or else where the. You’re probably going to be better off keeping that unless you were thinking ok adding fitness, news etc.

I pay for family music @ £15 and 2TB @ £7. Given my free year of apple tv will be up soon I can add that and news, fitness and arcade for £8 more.. think I’m in!

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
If you’re getting free Apple Music via your provider or else where the. You’re probably going to be better off keeping that unless you were thinking ok adding fitness, news etc.

I pay for family music @ £15 and 2TB @ £7. Given my free year of apple tv will be up soon I can add that and news, fitness and arcade for £8 more.. think I’m in!

I really would like to use the Fitness + service (looks really good I think!) but I am not prepared to pay the £30 odd a month they are asking for as I already get Apple Music(currently free from EE) and iCloud (£2.50 a month for the family), so doesn't seem worth it to me.
:confused:

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
AppleCare+ has been improved for Watch and iPhone (and I assume other products) when taking out a new policy.

You now get 2x accidental damage instances per 12 months of the 24 month plan. No option to rollover unused accidental damage into year 2, unfortunately.
I wonder why they'd do that? I mean it's great for the consumer but it's got to be bad for Apple.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I wonder why they'd do that? I mean it's great for the consumer but it's got to be bad for Apple.

I’d be surprised if there are many that ever claim under Apple care, I’d say it would be a small fraction of customer who have it. Easy for Apple to look like they’re giving more without incurring much more cost.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
I really would like to use the Fitness + service (looks really good I think!) but I am not prepared to pay the £30 odd a month they are asking for as I already get Apple Music(currently free from EE) and iCloud (£2.50 a month for the family), so doesn't seem worth it to me.
You can pay 9.99 a month for fitness+ you don’t have to get the bundle.

• Love
Reactions: Dino F

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
You can pay 9.99 a month for fitness+ you don’t have to get the bundle.

...really? Where did you see that? Thought it was only part of the bundle...?!

EDIT - You're right..!!

:)

Reactions: UltraInstinct

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2012

How do you get Apple Music free? is it that free trial thing?

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
So when do we think the iPhone event be? I do not think it will be before 13/10 at the earliest, they would not have had the event that they had yesterday and then have another one two weeks later.

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
So when do we think the iPhone event be? I do not think it will be before 13/10 at the earliest, they would not have had the event that they had yesterday and then have another one two weeks later.
I reckon you're right. Next event on 13th October, Pre-Orders on the 16th and available/delivery from 23rd October.

mrandyyu

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Birmingham, UK

I’d be surprised if there are many that ever claim under Apple care, I’d say it would be a small fraction of customer who have it. Easy for Apple to look like they’re giving more without incurring much more cost.

That's almost certainly it. Apple will have the data that's supported the decision, knowing that many AppleCare customers don't claim or only claim once. I'd also dare say many don't realise they can cancel the policy and get a refund either.

For the incredibly accident prone, this is great news. For the rest of us, it's comforting that it's there and that we'll probably not need it.

Reactions: Jinjin

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2012
I use to get the option through EE. Not showing as a benefit now but I take the BT Sport access anyway. Seem to have move tv streaming with britbox and prime video as options.

Me too. I currently have free BT sport and free music streaming.

EE don’t offer Apple Music for free as far as I can tell

Treble

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2013
Manchester UK
EE removed their sim only 5g plans and they have now gone through the roof when returned they can fook off up £9 and from 18 to 24 months
086F1F45-1BA8-4CA9-B2D4-62B099CC6481.jpeg
086F1F45-1BA8-4CA9-B2D4-62B099CC6481.jpeg
C840889C-78EC-42CC-92AA-77A7C6F50E12.jpeg

Reactions: Openworld1234

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
How do you get Apple Music free? is it that free trial thing?
Me too. I currently have free BT sport and free music streaming.

EE don’t offer Apple Music for free as far as I can tell

...they did offer it a while back (months ago) - I'm new to Apple Music so took up their offer (my free period actually ends next month).

Last edited:

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2012
...they did offer it a while back (months ago) - I'm new to Apple Music so took up their offer (my free period actually ends next month).

Yeah, I had the free 6 months about two years ago. Been paying for Apple Music for about a year now

Reactions: Dino F

Openworld1234

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2019
Last edited:

Treble

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2013
Manchester UK
they know alot of people will be getting the new iphone and they can price gouge

it might be worth getting a regular unlimited 4g for 25 quid as 5g isn't even in most areas of the uk
If your going to get a 24 month plan on 4g and in 12 months time 5g is in your area I would feel a bit let down as I like to future proof especially if I’m purchasing the 5g iPhone shortly

Reactions: Openworld1234
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.