Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 46 3.7%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 80 6.4%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 58 4.7%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 366 29.4%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 573 46.0%
  • None... I am sticking with my current phone

Votes: 107 8.6%

• Total voters

ajspurs

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
Ordered with Three. Estimated delivery on the 3rd and no email since to say otherwise (or confirm). As has been said, no way of order tracking with them and despite going through the website (on my phone) to order, I get the feeling it may be treating it as a 'new' contract rather than linking it to my sim-only contract I have at the moment. I'm still waiting for that dreaded 'We have changed your shipping date' email.

!

I ordered through Three as well. Same thing, delivery date on 3rd via the original confirmation email.

I contacted them earlier in the week and they said they’d email should that date change, and I should expect DPD contact in regards to the delivery details possibly on Thursday for delivery on 3rd, if not the morning of as I wanted to change it to my office rather than home.

With the new contract situation, they will send you a new sim which will have a new phone number but they have a form online to port your existing number across and any credit on the account, takes 24hrs according to their CSR.

Really holding out for that confirmation about delivery on Friday though!

I ordered with Three too and have only received this reply thus far:

"You will have a text message on the day of delivery with your hourly time slot and tracking number and this is when you will be able to track this parcel. We are not able to track this until it has been dispatched from us tomorrow night."

I did give my reference number in the initial email so it would be good if that was a reply to me specifically too so hopefully it's just a case of waiting for a dispatch email tomorrow to receive it on Friday :)

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
UK
My order no longer shows my pick up time from the apple store for some reason. was 9am Friday.

Although it does on the app, just not online.
I wouldn't worry. It's happened to me twice this week and it usually goes back to normal after a few hours m

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Dont all get your hopes up guys and girls DPD could keep hold of them until the 3rd but hey if you do get them then that is awesome specially from CPW lol

Bass1293

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
My EE tracking page says that it will be delivered to my house but I asked it to go to my local EE store. Hope there’s no mix up!

PineappleSorbet

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Worcestershire, U.K.
So, it would appear DPD actually have the parcel - and it wasn’t just consignment data. And my request to deliver at a certain time has been accepted without charge.

RE: “unable to leave safe” - the in-flight options appear to be the same, including deliver to an alternative address.

Mine is coming from Three and was always meant to be delivered directly to my home address. But I’m wondering if those getting their Click and Collect notifications from CPW can use that option to change and have the parcel delivered to their home/work addresses tomorrow.

257F48DA-8FCC-4A89-A26B-46560FCD84B4.png

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
My EE tracking page says that it will be delivered to my house but I asked it to go to my local EE store. Hope there’s no mix up!

Yours not moved to dispatch yet?

Seems orders from EE that have dispatched us those for store pickup

Tee47

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2017
also have had a text about my collection ready on the 2nd?
[doublepost=1509580549][/doublepost]
Yours not moved to dispatch yet?

Seems orders from EE that have dispatched us those for store pickup
any movement for u ?

anup.chavda

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2013
Harrow, UK
Even if unopened, it will go back to Apple where it will be opened to make sure you actually sent back an iPhone rather than a re-sealed brick.
Just to add an experience I had, bought a 2017 ipad from Apple for the Mrs Mum for her birthday and she decided that she didn’t want it. I took it back to Apple (sealed in box) and the Apple rep there and then opened the cellophane, took the plastic off the iPad, booted it up and set it up. Then checked the serial number on the box matched the iPad as well as storage space etc. It then gets sent back to Apple for replacement stock.

I was surprise, but I guess given the scams people run, was a wise precaution

Reactions: Brookzy

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Anyone had any luck with getting the phone after your allocated time slot at an Apple store? Just found out I might not be able to get out of work until half an hour or so later. If I call them will they hold it? Will literally be half an hour/1 hour after my time slot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.