UK iPhone (2017) X(Ten)/8/8+ Pre-Orders and Dispatch Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jinjin, Sep 7, 2017.

?

What model are you ordering?

1. iPhone 8 64GB

46 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. iPhone 8 256GB

17 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

80 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

58 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. iPhone X 64GB

365 vote(s)
    29.3%
  6. iPhone X 256GB

571 vote(s)
    45.9%
  7. None... I am sticking with my current phone

107 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Dave245 macrumors 601

Yes it’s DPD, you can’t change it they tell you when it will be delivered.

2. Chukwe macrumors regular

My delivery is coming to my home address on Monday 13th Nov.

Is it possible to change the delivery address to Apple store such as Covent Garden?

3. krobinson macrumors member

What's the chances Belfast will have some tomorrow to reserve?

4. Kuroblack350 macrumors newbie

I've called them and they're off to physically check stock at Liverpool - slim chance but you never know. Not the easiest piece of software to use though, I've set up some notifications but now can't seem to get away from the map screen..! I've been refreshing the 'list' daily/hourly...

5. Lefevre2 macrumors newbie

Lefevre2

PM’d you

6. Scontig macrumors member

I’m pretty sure they have to attempt delivery once before you can change the delivery address.

7. Chooch81 macrumors newbie

Judging by the rest of this week... I'd say unlikely.

8. madzo2010 macrumors regular

Based on the last week..... slim. :(
    I hope I'm wrong

9. Chooch81 macrumors newbie

10. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Picked up my X this morning from Covent Garden. Always a lovely experience and I like how they have a quiet area on the second floor to sit and just set up your device.

Upgrade process wasn't too bad, I didn't know they could autofill from last year which saved a lot of time. I just had to reenter my income and confirm my bank details.

As for the phone, it's too early to form a solid opinion. It's nice and fits better in my hand than my 7 Plus. Despite knowing the screen is narrower, the overall impression is good, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Battery life is the real challenge here, I hope it can compete with the larger phone which performed like a champ.

11. Jinjin thread starter macrumors 68000

So 64 days after the first post I think my time this year has come to its natural conclusion. Started hoping the X would launch with the 8 and before the software leak spoilt all the keynote surprises. Was also set on a space grey X outright. Clearly after two months and 3 days I’ve changed my tune and been convinced by the merits of IUP and a silver phone. I’m 1 day of proper use, have set my phone up as new and cleaned out off the old apps and trash from my 7+. So far so good, hope you all get the phones you’re after as quickly as possible!

Till next year!

P.s. ~40 weeks to the next keynote

12. i-aamir macrumors 6502a

Glad you you finally got your phone and appreciate your kicking of this exciting thread! Hopefully you have a nice defect free handset as the screen issues are proving to be quite tricky over on the other thread a number of us a part off!

Till next time!

13. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

Hope u enjoy it love mine. Same time next year I suppose

14. Chukwe macrumors regular

When I received my iPhone X on Monday, I'll go straight to an Apple Store for the IUP.

Do I need to book an appointment for the IUP?

15. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

[​IMG]

Just got my 256gb and setting it up right now.

I reckon you’ll get yours pretty quick now.

16. Jinjin thread starter macrumors 68000

No I just walked in

17. Jinjin thread starter macrumors 68000

Can’t say I’ve noticed any problems as of yet. Just me continually trying to press where the home button would have been

18. AnDi86 macrumors 6502

There’s a long line of people waiting to fight for them

19. twenuk macrumors newbie

Still no iPhones for reservation for those not already on IUP yet:(

20. Loopy65 macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

Usually with DPD there is a list of places they can deliver to if you won’t be in. For me it’s my local Halfords store and local Matalan!! I get given this option even though I never seem to get the option to choose a time or date. You get to it by clicking through the email they’ll send you I think?

21. Helen2016 macrumors member

Had my 256gb SG delivered today. Been using for few hours and really liking it. Looking forward to more apps being updated though as the games I play at the moment they aren’t full screen and don’t understand why there is a big gap at the bottom of screen under keyboard then writing messages.

See you all again next year

22. Loopy65 macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

I’m coming from the 7+ also and sadly, after one day of full use I can tell the battery life is a lot less amazing. It may settle down over the next few days we'll see.
    However, I absolutely love it! Can’t say enough how much I like the smaller form factor. I had the plus because I can’t see the other screens clearly enough but this is ok. Love not having to put it in my pocket a certain way so it’ll fit! Love not being aware enough all the time because it may decide to pop out of said pocket!
    Have noticed though it’s quite slippy! I have a case which I was hoping not to use but I’m afraid it might fly out of my hand without one! It’s slid off the arm of my chair three times this afternoon! (Thankfully onto carpet!!)
    For the first time since the beginning of iPhone-ness this one feels new and different - really enjoying it (which may account for battery depletion!)

23. FellaMeLad macrumors member

FellaMeLad

Hahahaha strangely, mine are also the local Halfords and Matalan! And I'm not in Wales :)

My delivery is set for Monday. I wanted to try changing it to Saturday, but the DPD app only gives me Tuesday as my next available date.

So Monday it is!

24. Knightcastle macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

Day 7: Still no update, still no news. People with dates later than mine receiving their phones. Have I been forgotten about?

25. darmac macrumors member

Same here, need to survive till Monday!