UK iPhone 4 Contract Talk

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gamst, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

The UK thread is now a mass of "mines preparing to ship!!!!11! LOL" posts and Microsim talk, it's very difficult to find any kind of useful information regarding contracts!

It'd be good to use this thread to talk about new contract sign ups and upgrades, where you plan to buy your contract iPhone 4 from, etc...

My current situation is: I'm an O2 customer that is out of contract since January, I have my PAC and a reservation at the Apple Store, Manchester.

I'm wanting to join Vodafone, if for some reason I fail the credit check, I'll upgrade with O2. I'd love to go sim free, but that isn't an option this year(I'm a new Daddy :) )

I'm unsure what the score is with the Apple shop and contacts. Yesterday I called the Arndale centre store and they said they'd be doing contracts for Vodafone, O2 and Orange. I called Vodafone and they denied this.

This launch is a bit of a sham for us contract folk!

2. abcdefghijklmno macrumors member

Hi

Same contract situation here. The Vodafone options look the most appealing to me too. Was considering asking O₂ if they were willing to negotiate anything on retention, but other people have reported no success so will probably not bother. Orange have got one tariff which interests me too - £35 x 18mth, 600min/500 texts/750Mb, 16Gb handset costs £139. Vodafone have fewer mins, but more data and texts which suits me better, but handset cost is £30 more. O₂ have a similar plan but with only 500Mb data.

In terms of who's doing what, I am most inclined to believe Apple - this is what they announced on launch day, and they appear to be running the show with the networks.

I will spend the day watching if any other networks announce anything of interest, and if not I'll turn up after work at the Trafford Centre with my reservation and probably go with Vodafone.

A

3. Gamst thread starter macrumors regular

Gamst

I can't see O2 offering anything, they didn't put up a fight when I called for my PAC. I remember calling 3 and having India call me 5 times a day until I used the PAC!

I want to leave O2 not just because of the data allowance, but because their 3G coverage near me is very very inconsistent. I think my battery drain more quickly because I'm going from 3G to Edge constantly!

4. Gamst thread starter macrumors regular

Gamst

Vodafone ARE doing contracts in the Apple store now, according to an FAQ on their eForum :D