Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
It's really hard to say.

Apple's been so clear about these statements.

AT&T seems to be matching Apple's refund offer.

No doubt O2 and other carriers will be complaining to Apple if it hurts them financially.

Abarth1200

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Well when I went for the early upgrade offer of paying £20/month still remaining in my current contract it was stated that I cant return said upgraded device or cancel the contract within the 14 day cool off period

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
Well when I went for the early upgrade offer of paying £20/month still remaining in my current contract it was stated that I cant return said upgraded device or cancel the contract within the 14 day cool off period

While that's true, Apple and AT&T don't normally provide a 30 day refund window without penalty.

Apple is making an exception in this case because they know some people aren't happy with the product.

O2 offers a 14 day cooling off period to new customers only. But they could make an exception in this situation.

Abarth1200

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
hmm thanks for the info there, im delighted with my iphone 4, its not going back anytime soon, how about a free bumper though, would my service provider supply this, sorry for hi-jacking.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
hmm thanks for the info there, im delighted with my iphone 4, its not going back anytime soon, how about a free bumper though, would my service provider supply this, sorry for hi-jacking.

Apple is providing all iPhone 4 owners with the chance to get a free bumper or other selected case.

MacRumors will have more details on that next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.