UK iPhone 4 Ultrasn0w - n00b

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SteSmith10, Jan 11, 2012.

1. SteSmith10 macrumors newbie

Hi all!
    So my girlfriend exchanged her unlocked black iPhone for an apparent unlocked white iPhone from CEX, when we got home to set it up we realised it was locked to vodafone, rather than waiting to take it back I thought I'd be able to jailbreak it and take the lock off.

I jail broke her phone, then through cydia I downloaded Ultrasn0w after following tutorials. It seems to have worked but the sim still isn't registering.

The sim is working in my iPhone but the phone just says no service... I've turned it on and off, took the sim in and out, followed most of the instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Ste

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Probably on a Baseband that is unlockable.

Looking in settings/general/info

if the modem firmware says something else than 1.59.00 its unlockable with ultrasn0w. SOL than

bring it back, factory ulocked is so much easier and more re-sale value.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like you guys got scammed.
    It isnt an unlocked iphone 4 and if its restored to the latest 5.0.1 or 5.0 nothing out there can unlock it at the moment.
    Its not as simple as we just going to JB it and unlock it.
    Go to settings/general/about and let us know the modem firmware version.

4. SteSmith10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its not a scam, it's just idiots at CEX selling things without checking, it was sold as factory unlocked, I'll be able to get a full refund, the modem firmware is 04.11.07.

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

yep can't unlock that.

bring it back, i would restore it to stock first before returning it, they might not like it if you JB it....

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im not sure what CEX is or how it works.
    I was thinking its something like craigslist where you meet someone and did a swap of iphones and took their word that its factory unlocked.
    And unfortunately with that baseband like the poster above pointed its not possible to unlock it. If you can get a refund I would advise you to do that right away.

7. SteSmith10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Heh okay, it's like a second hand electronics store, I'll take it back tomorrow and get an apology, thanks a lot for the help ;) lets see how much of an argument I have with them....

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I know, hope they dont give you any BS.
    Good luck.

9. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure CEX will take it back but as stated above make sure to remove the JB first.