UK iPhone 4 unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by freddy-b, Aug 15, 2010.

1. freddy-b macrumors regular

iam currentely in portugal.. but iam going to the uk ( to buy things.. ) and i wanted to knoe if the iphone 4 16GB (£499) is unlocked.. so i can bring it back to Portugal and use my normal carrier...?

Thanks!
    freddy b

2. molala macrumors 6502a

Yes, it is unlocked if you buy it from the Apple Store (online or retail stores). And yes, it will work with your normal carrier in Portugal.

3. amro macrumors 6502

It's worked well for me. I am able to swap out my Orange sim for my AT&T sim without any issues.

4. freddy-b thread starter macrumors regular

ok, thanks guys.. do u know if its Out of Stock in the covent garden store.. or Regent Street store?

5. InsiderApps macrumors member

Yes, heavily out of stock in all London stores. If you really want one, you are better of going outside of London.

6. OMGitsShan macrumors regular

Actually both London stores - Regent Street & Covent Garden have been doing walk-ins pretty much everyday for the last week. As long as you dont mind queueing up for a few hours - you will get one. Best bet is to get there first thing in the morning.

7. molala macrumors 6502a

It's best to phone these stores when you get to London. Last week, there were days that Regent Street and Covent Garden had stock available.

There are also two other stores in London.

list and phone numbers here-
    http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/storelist/