UK iphone 4s status

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guru101011, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Guru101011 macrumors member

Guru101011

Hi, i wanted to know is the UK the only place with orders not being prepared?

[​IMG]

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I doubt it. I suspect the US orders are moving forward faster. This is not surprising as the US is their primary and largest market if you discount China.

3. kmanmx macrumors 6502

The US Apple store is going to of had more orders, and also be more complicated (ATT/Verizon) whereas the UK is simply just Unlocked only.

Also, distributing the phones across the US in time for 14th Oct will take 2 or 3 days.

Therefor the US should get priority. The UK will have 1/5th the orders, and once the phones are in the country they can be delivered pretty much anywhere within 12 hours. So even if they don't arrive in the UK till Thursday/Very early friday, we will still get them on launch day.

4. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

The UK is a lot smaller geographically than the US, so deliveries can be made within hours of dispatch. As long as the stock arrives from China to the UK distribution centre by Thursday, we'll be fine.

"Ships by October 14th" means you'll get it on the day of release.

[​IMG]

5. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Some websites state items as "dispatched" when they're all packed up and just waiting to be sent, I think that's probably the case here.

6. Guru101011 thread starter macrumors member

Guru101011

So do you guys think we will get it before 14th or on the 14th october? or after that :(

7. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

"Ships by October 14th" means you'll get it on the day of release.

8. ohforf macrumors newbie

I don't know why but I just assumed it would be sent out on the 14th at the earliest. Am happy knowing it should be with me on the 14th as someone should be at home to receive it. :)