Uk iphone 5 reservation.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bandofbrothers, Oct 2, 2012.

1. bandofbrothers, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

Any other Uk wannabe owners of an iphone 5 awaiting a confirmation e mail by 9pm tonight ?

As the Uk reservation option had been disabled from Saturday 19/9/12 to Monday 1/10/12, eventually coming back live today I'm guessing they will be swamped !

Ive requested an iphone 5 16gb black/slate Sim Free.

Heres hoping........ :D

2. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

I requested a white 16GB, but am doubtful. I reserved mine at 9:01AM. Does anyone know how the reservation system works, is it first come first serve or completely random?

3. minkyman macrumors newbie

I requested 32GB black. I've not heard anything, and I know some people have with the same store. So I'm guessing:

1) some reservations are working
    2) sadly, not mine :(

4. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Patience certainly is a virtue !

:rolleyes:

5. minkyman macrumors newbie

yeah.. how long you been trying? I only started today
    (though I've had one on order for a while - getting bored of waiting tho)

6. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

This would be the fourth time I've tried and failed again tonight !!

I'm thinking of just ordering it via the apple store website and have done !!

Where have u ordered one from ?

7. minkyman macrumors newbie

dang, sorry to hear that!

Might be worth ordering one on the website anyway, although they're still on 3-4 weeks.. :(
    Doesn't do any harm, you can cancel easily and they don't charge your card til it ships.

I'm trying on Bath and Bristol. You?

8. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Meadowhall and Trafford centre.

Are you sure about not charging my debit card ?

9. minkyman macrumors newbie

I don't think they do. They've certainly not charged my credit card yet. Don't quote me on it though, and I guess it could be different for debit cards.

Should be possible to check, I guess..

10. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

In the UK if you pay by debit your money will be removed from your account and put on hold, and the transaction will complete when your order ships.

If you pay by credit card, you will not be charged until the order ships.

Im also desperately trying to get one through reservations, but no luck. Will try again tomorrow.

11. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Tried to reserve: 16 & 32 GB Black & Slate from both Metro Centre & Eldon square under 3 different names and several different email addresses. No luck. Either these stores are getting next to no stock or i'm just really unlucky! My guess is they're not getting a lot of stock because they're not southern stores. /AntiNorthernBias

12. Chic0 macrumors 6502

After a week of trying, I finally got an email from Apple saying they have an iphone 5 32gb white reserved for me!

I need to go and collect it tomorrow from the Basingstoke store. I'm surprised because today I only remembered to reserve it about 11am!

Hopefully all goes smoothly and I can cancel my online order :D

13. guicane macrumors regular

guicane

Hey mate, did you eventually get a reservation? I'm also on the same situation...

14. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, was successful on Tuesday 30th, picked up the Wednesday after. 16GB Black, Eldon Square. Hope you're luck changes

15. TyKandi macrumors newbie

Will be reserving from meadow hall in about 3 weeks! Fingers crossed they get a batch ready for Xmas!

16. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Finally got a reservation for a black 32GB at Metrocentre today. That said, I am still in two minds whether to go ahead.

I currently have the iPhone 4 which is behaving itself other than a cracked screen.

One question, do I have to pick up a nano sim at the O2 store or do Apple have some? Am getting the phone (or not) sim free.

17. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I took a payg nano sim along with me where they performed the sim swap in the apple store for me.

02 shops in my area have tons of them in now.

18. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Cheers, I'll take one along if I decide to go for it. Are you liking your iphone5? Feels very extravagant to buy one when I don't really need it - worried that my geekiness is beginning to wear off!

19. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Awesome.

Enough said !!

20. amrabari macrumors member

trying

i am trying for 3 days in 3 stores in London but couldn't get any thing ... do they really reply?

i even tried today under several names, emails and all stores in London. :(

anyone has an idea where we can get it in London? and are they getting any shipment for Xmas?

21. jdeepfjj macrumors newbie

Keep trying and have patience xD You'll evetually get one. I got mine in 3 attempts but this was the store in cardiff. I suspect the stores in London may have lower stock due to higher demand in London areas so you might have a wait.. I've heard people becoming successful in reserving one in London after 3 weeks of trying and i've heard others of only 1 week and some 2 days.. its luck as far as i know since it's a lottery system.

22. guicane macrumors regular

guicane

I have now been trying for just over a week and so far nothing... so frustrating. I'm even trying all stores in and around london. Nothing.

I must be on their blacklist or something! :(

23. amrabari macrumors member

do they have a black list

thank you all for your reply, however do they have a black list? please who ever got there iPhone 5, do they register just everyday one time? or they register everyday in every shop with different email, names and numbers??

the problem we are a tourist in London and we are traveling back on Friday .. and in our country don't have iPhone 5 there or Apple store.