iPhone 6(S)(+) UK iPhone 6 plus touch disease refund under consumer law

sgadher

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
Hi All

I've had a iPhone 6 plus purchased from the Apple Store in September 2014. I've had two instances of touch disease, in both instances the phones were replaced with refurbished models.

The first time it happened I received dud info from the Apple Genuis which resulted in not paying a charge.
The second time it happened I had to pay approx £149.

Do I have a case for applying for a refund for the initial purchase price (White, 64gb) @£699 under consumer law? I've received conflicting information as to whether it has to happen 3 times before this is eligible or whether Apple need to admit to the defect before I can bring my case forward.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
S

deaglecat

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Your "loss" would be the out of warranty repair cost i.e. the money that you would pay apple for a replacement.

If you believe that you have a case, then chat to apple and explain what legal mechanism you plan to use to file for resolution (e.g. small claims) and ask them who any action should be addressed to.

First step is knowing who to approach...

sgadher

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
thanks, when i made this approach I was told by a level 2 Apple advisor that the issue would have to occur 3 times before I could make a claim for a full refund of the device. ie the £700 I initially paid for the iPhone.

Should I wait till it occurs again or just give them another call?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.