UK - iPhone 7 Apple Store walk-in availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Repelle, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Repelle macrumors regular

Called Apple Monday to discuss the option of picking up in store on launch day as a walk-in customer who hasn't reserved. Was told that they will be available.

Booked day off work.

Used Apple online chat a few minutes ago to check if they were getting any Jet Black stock.... 'iPhones won't be available in-store for people who haven't reserved'. Oh... unless you want to finance it or have a payment plan setup in which case theres a separate process for that.

Nice job Apple.

2. RossM77 macrumors newbie

RossM77

I have also called and done the online chat version and got two different answers regarding UK walk-in availability. Has anybody here gone into a store to ask about walk-in availability in the UK yet?

3. AaronG123 macrumors regular

Just posted this on another thread, no walk in stock this year also spoke with live chat....their going to have a lot of disappointed people lining up. As seems like they have forgot to mention this.

4. jafacake310596 macrumors regular

jafacake310596

Apple stopped the whole camping walking in on release day etc last year, everybody knows that?

5. Liam_89 macrumors member

Liam_89

I really don't think they will have any for walk in,
    I am in the same situation and wanted to just turn up on Friday morning and buy one,
    I have spoken to apple on the phone and used chat twice and got the same answer,
    There will be no stock available on Friday for walk ins,
    I don't know how true this is but it's direct from apple chat.

Attached Files:

6. Repelle thread starter macrumors regular

It looks like it's turning out to be true :( I saw the threads you guys created as well.

I didn't know they stopped people lining up outside stores, the last time I did that was for the iPhone 5.

I guess our only hope will be for when the reservation system goes live again on Saturday.

7. Liam_89 macrumors member

Liam_89

Can always walk in on Saturday or Sunday and hope they have had stock deliverys,
    I never pre ordered my 6s+ last year for Friday release and I just walked in on Sunday afternoon and picked one up no problems

8. Repelle thread starter macrumors regular

Can try I guess. I didn't have as much luck with the 6+ 2 years ago, it was at least 2 weeks after launch that I was finally able to get through the online in-store reservation process without someone beating me to it. And even then it was at a store that was a 2 hour drive away from me.