UK iPhone car solution

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by danielforman, Nov 14, 2007.

1. danielforman macrumors regular

Has anyone seen an iPhone car kit available in the UK. I have an iPod Nano and use a £4 cassette adaptor but unfortunately it wont work with the iPhone because of the recessed headphone jack.

What I am ideally looking for is a dash mount bracket for the iPhone with an FM transmitter if possible and a 12v charging cable as well. Been checking the griffin technology site but they dont have anything I am after yet.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Roseyboy macrumors member

I have a Griffin Roadtrip at home which i use with my iPod Video, will whack in my iPhone tonight and see what happens. But i just read another post about voltage difference so am a little worried about that?

3. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Belkin to an adaptor for £8 so you can use any headphone with your iphone. I brought my adaptor in the O2 shop in Oxford St

4. Roseyboy macrumors member

WOAH! the road trip works better than ever with the iPhone, its much clearer (sound quality is near CD) and fits perfectly in the ipod video adaptor (like dock adaptors for various size ipods).

It asked if i wanted it in aircraft mode, hit no. worked so well. no interference at all on my BOSE RX8 stereo. ***** rating for this product. :)

See here

Pricy but perfect, the other option which was suggested above would also work very well and can be picked up in all O2 stores i have been in.

5. danielforman thread starter macrumors regular

Roseyboy do you get any problems with GSM noise over your car speakers at all?

Also I have a cheap £5 cassette adaptor already which i used with my nano and it is brillaint. Just wondered if anyone had issues with GSM on cassette adaptors.

6. jshthomas macrumors newbie

just get an "iPhone Earphone Adaptor" for it, trun the special jack to a normal jack, then you can use your cassette adaptor. no need to buy a new one, and doubt if there is a cassette adaptor for iPhone.