UK iPhone > Dead/stuck pixel just arrived

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sheperinski, Dec 3, 2007.

1. sheperinski macrumors member

Hi Guys,

I bought my iPhone from the Carphone Warehouse on the release night, and today I've noticed a glimmering blue pixel in the top-middle of the screen. Is there anything I can do about it? Surely £269 and £45 per month shouldn't include me having to put up with this?... :(

Thanks in advance.

2. spinstorm macrumors 68000

you have 28 days for an exchange for a faulty product so they should swap it over although failing that take it to an Apple store of which there is one in Manchester so your lucky and they will swap it for you - one of the advantages of Apple!

Of course if like me you have dead pixels and negative/wrong blacks then who knows if you will ever get that sorted!

3. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

when i turn on my device i can see lots of mini multi colored dots, are these dead pixels? :mad:

4. sheperinski thread starter macrumors member

Thanks spinstorm, I appreciate your help.

5. sheperinski thread starter macrumors member

If they're still present whilst the phone is normal operation, I'm afraid so my friend. The black start-up screen just provides a better 'canvas' upon which they are more visible.

6. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

WOW, Because its not just one its like 30.

7. tonywob, Dec 4, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  8. sneeks macrumors 6502a

During the startup sequence some of the panel ID's do have visible dots (in a grid formation) but these should vanish again when the phone is fully booted. If this is true of your own phone then you have nothing to worry about. I've read that these initial dots are not stuck pixels but the touch screen initialising.

9. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I've also got about 30 dimly-lit dead pixels, but again most of them are just obvious when staring at the screen actually looking for them.

Also, all sides of the iPhone are slightly more white from the backlight, as well as the whole screen sort of fading slightly darker from top to bottom (evident if you're looking at a list of tracks in iTunes for instance, where the white/grey alternating solids under the track names get deeper grey by the time you get to the bottom of the screen).

This is my 2nd UK iPhone now, my first had less dead pixels (about 7), but most were a lot more obvious and a lot brighter. This new one, although technically having more, isn't as much of a problem as most area quite subtle unless looking for them. Also, my first iPhone didn't have the other issues, but I'm just living with it. One exchange is enough!

10. ianrandy macrumors newbie

I bought my iphone from an o2 store, it had one bright white pixel in the top right quater of the screen. I took it back in and they swapped it straight away, i was pleasently supprised how easily they did it, i was expecting to have to argue my case! The replacement phone is perfect, no dead/stuck pixels. I'm glad i swapped it.

11. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

My UK iphone purchased on launch night has no dead pixels. If it did have I would be very disapointed and would be returning it with a copy of the 'Sale of Goods Act' in my hand.
    It took me to do that one time on a Nokia phone I purchased. It had one dead pixel and upon return I was told by the sales manager that he could only replace/repair it if more than 7 dead pixels where present. Some crap about 'industry standards of dead pixels.' I just went home, printed out sales of good acts, went back, handed this to him, he just smiled and give me a new phone.