UK iPhone Insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tejaykay, Jun 17, 2009.

1. tejaykay macrumors 6502

tejaykay

I'll be purchasing my 3G S within the week. O2's insurance package is for £10 a month, which is mighty steep and is a considerable increase on the monthly tariff as well.

Do any UK iPhone users have insurance with anyone else? Someone reputable and reliable maybe. Evidence of successful claims would be ideal. Cheers!

p.s. I've only heard of http://www.cusc.co.uk/ -and they don't exactly look very professional.

2. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

3. dayloon macrumors 6502

If i were you i'd do a bit of research before giving them you're money

4. stuarty2003 macrumors member

stuarty2003

Who do you use, dayloon?

5. haydn! macrumors 6502a

I've been looking around for insurance too, and most companies that claim to offer iPhone insurance cheaper than O2 have pretty much 100% negative reviews on every review board around. TalkCover being amongst the worst!!

I think I may stick with CPP who insured my last mobile phone with Three. It's £6.99 a month, thought not sure if they cover the iPhone yet?

6. stuarty2003 macrumors member

stuarty2003

I'm currently insured through my bank account (HBoS). I've never had to claim yet. Has anyone used them or had trouble with them?

7. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

Okay i've just insured my alu macbook and iPhone 32GB 3GS for £77

the macbook is insured up to £400 and the iPhone will be replaced if lost/stolen or repaired if water damage etc.

If you are a student and in the UK, i would recommend them. My policy starts on Friday and is for 1 year!

8. haydn! macrumors 6502a

Let me get this right, you have a £1k aluminum macbook, yet you've only insured it up to £400. How does that work out? What happens to the other £600 when you drop it/loose it/have it stolen?

9. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

i didnt want to insure my macbook, but they said i need to take out full contents insurance or insure a laptop.

so i insured it for the lowest amount possible

10. haydn! macrumors 6502a

Is this on talkcover still? Surely they cannot make you insure an item if you don't want to?

11. tejaykay thread starter macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Got £39 for a year with Endsleigh and it covers everything.

Only available if you have student possessions insurance or contents insurance with them.

12. 0B1 macrumors member

anyone tried iphoneinsurance.org.uk and had experience of customer services/making a claim?