Uk iphone maps, not in miles

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulsalter, Nov 24, 2008.

1. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Since 2.2 maps are allways in km, anyone have this also and know how to change it back to miles without configuring phone for US

2. roadtrip9 macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem - most frustrating.
    I have tried altering regional settings to Cornwall & Wales to see if it was just a glitch in the cover-all "United Kingdom" setting - but no, still in km.

Anybody found a fix?

3. marcol macrumors regular

Totally crazy of Apple/Google. Road signs in miles, speed limits in miles per hour. Come on chaps, WAKEY, WAKEY!

Hint.: Ask Jonathan Ive

4. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Stop being the outsiders in Europe and learn your KM's :p

5. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

and take the euro before it reaches 1 gbp = 1 eur .. it seems so close. (1.17 eur as of today this says it all chart)

I remember when I first started my university degree I would get 350 gbp out of 600 euro. Now 600 euro is 510 pounds.

After my degree I took an intern job and earned about 1200 gbp a month. That used to be almost 1800 euro. It's now down to 1400 euro.

I love the british, the people, the country; hell even after 5 years I felt more identified by the british than by the spanish; but I gotta admit their stubbornness is gonna cost them dearly. :(

(totally off topic, sorry! :()

6. thomasp macrumors 6502a

The only way I've found is to go to Settings --> General --> International --> Regional format --> United States

Obviously it changes the format of the date and phone numbers, so I tend to change it back to UK as soon as I'm done with Google Maps. Bit irritating to say the least...

7. paulsalter thread starter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Thats the only solution I found, not great but it helps

Is this an Apple issues or a Google one ?

I assume Google wrote the app but then it didnt seem to be checked at all before it was relesed

Never mind though, as the above posters have said, we should be more a part of Europe, upgrade all road signs, redesign all roads so we drive on the right, give people new cars that are left hand drive

thats much easier than expecting an apple app to be right for the country:rolleyes:

In previous versions it would give the distance relevant to country

If I looked at Australia it would give km
    If I looked at US it would give miles
    etc

now everything is in km, big backward step

8. entwife macrumors regular