Uk Iphone pay as you go

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Buttons, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Buttons macrumors newbie

Hi guys so the iphone came out in the Uk on pay as you go today :) I've wanted to get an Iphone for ages now i have almost everything apple apart from my phone. My friend brought an ipod touch not long ago and then a few days later the new ipod touch came out.

I know no one can say for sure when a new iphone will be out BUT i'm guessing this is the best place to ask if anyone thinks a new iphone will be out soon. I would be really annoyed if i buy the Iphone 3g then a newer iphone comes out.

When does everyone guess the new one will be out? Should i not buy an iphone now and wait for the new one?

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

No one knows.
    But speculation puts a new release at mid 2009.
    Buy now and enjoy.

3. Buttons thread starter macrumors newbie

I might wait :eek: I'd hate to get the iphone 3g then a newer version comes out.

4. DarrenG macrumors regular

5. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

There will always be a newer version coming out at some point. Don't get sucked into a waiting game - if you want one now, get it. Keep in mind that the PAYG release date will also be after the pay monthly release, so if the year on year releases happen, you have a full year until the next version will be available to you.

And you'll be wondering the same thing again. Vicious cycle. If you want/need it now, get it.

6. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Totally agree.

Don't see Nokia lovers sitting a month after the N96 arrives, already refusing to buy it because there "might" be an N97 on the horizon about a year away.

Just get one and enjoy it. :)

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

(Where is the *scratches head* icon?)

Ok.
    Wait then…

Although it'd be a not very clever thing to do IMHO.

Why wait at least 6-9 months while you could be enjoying and using the iPhone now?
    :confused::confused:

8. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Let me guess....you used to be indecisive, but now you aren't sure?

There is nothing surer, there WILL be a new iphone, either buy one and get over it or just don't bother. :rolleyes:

9. Buttons thread starter macrumors newbie

:apple: You guys are a bit mean :( I'm just a girl that finds it hard to make up my mind is all.

I WILL go out and get it on Pay as you go then get a yessim and see if i can get it to work with my orange sim. I hate 02.

10. stevearm macrumors 6502a

What does that have to do with anything?

11. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Well, quite!

12. MST macrumors 6502

MST

I have had a theory for a while now that lurking here on the MR forum is a small [possibly large] contingent of members who 1. have never owned any Apple product because they're too scared of an update being released. 2. Can't wait to start a thread about the next update on the day that the most recent update is released.

As others have said if you want or need something and are able to afford it then buy it, do a little research beforehand but don't spend all of your time wondering when i will be updated when you could be discovering some fantastic products.

Oh and what has the fact that you're a girl got to do with anything?

13. Buttons thread starter macrumors newbie

MST Like you said others have already given the same opinion so why do you feel the need to say the same thing again Zzzzzzzz.

LIKE I SAID I'M GETTING THE IPHONE!!!!! I own alot of apple things, every ipod that they've ever come out with, 3 apple mac lap tops ect... I've just never had an Iphone. You guys need to chill out. I'm on orange hate o2 so was unsure about getting the iphone. I know o2's deal with apple is up soon. I heard that the next iphone might be on Orange i was wondering when the new one would be out is that a big deal to wonder when the next one was out??? :confused:

I said i was just a girl that finds it hard to make up my mind because you lot was acting like i was some kind of freak or alien for asking a question.