UK iPhone release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if you all know this already, but i went to my local 02 store and asked what's happening on the day the iPhones released, and they told me that they're opening shop normal time 9AM, then they will close at 2PM and prep the shop with the iPhone stuff and then reopen at 6PM and sell the iPhones until 10PM.

So most of us don't need to take a day off work or school to get one.

2. sananda macrumors 68020

as if anyone would have skipped school to buy a phone :D

3. ne0star macrumors regular

Anyone know why they are doing it this way?

In all honesty I would rather be able to walk into my local o2 shop at 9:00am and buy one with minimum fuss. I don't really want a fan fare.

Also is this for all shops? My local O2 shop is in a mini shopping centre which shuts at 6, and I hardly think they will keep it open so o2 can sell a couple of phones.

Does anyone know if you order one online whether you will get it on the friday?

4. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

My 02 store is in a shopping centre as well. It closes at 5.30PM, but they're keeping it open until 10PM that night.

5. danielforman macrumors regular

They did this in the US where they close at 2pm and then open at 6pm. It seems a good idea to me because then most people will be able to get it straight away without having to worry about work or school getting in the way.

I wonder whether they will have any T-Shirts to give away like they did in the US. Said iGot iPhone on the front with 3 iPhone icons and then iWas there 6.29.07 on the back. Believe these were free.

6. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I think that should be 6.29.07, shouldn't it?

7. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

No, you won't. My understanding is that the online Apple Store will only start taking orders from the 9th of November. Delivery time will depend on stock levels.

8. danielforman macrumors regular

Yes it should :D Well spotted. Have changed it now

9. danielforman macrumors regular

yeah this will most likely be the case. If say Apple did let you order online for delivery on Friday then you will most likely get it delivered before the 6pm launch time.

Hopefully O2, CPW and Apples stores should have enough stock in. Don't think any US stores ran out on launch day. Was about the Sunday before some starting reporting 0 stock levels on the apples iphone stock webpage.

Again like the US we will be limited to 2 per customer over here so no will be going in buying them all up before everyone else gets a chance.

10. funkyshaker macrumors regular

Just thought I would confirm this.

Called Crawley branch of O2 and they are also selling from 6pm until 10pm on the 9th.

You cannot buy one from when they first open.

11. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

if buy it from an 02 or carphone wh are they going to be doing credit checks before you get the phone, is this what happened with at&t shops?
    best going to an apple store me thinks, get the phone and get home.

will anyone be joining me at the apple store in glasgow?

12. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

My understanding is that you simply buy the shrink wrapped iPhone in-store (Apple, o2, or CPW) and that credit checks will take place online when you activate the phone later at home or wherever.