Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what Courier Apple use in the UK to deliver devices?

I think I am going to try and pre-order one on the 11th, but get it delivered to my parents house, as I will be at work all day, and heading away for the weekend on the 18th. (Hoping it gets delivered early and I can sneak away from work to get it before the end of the day).

Will Apple accept a different name and shipping address from my billing address?

Cheers
Stewart

LKN

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2012
Yorkshire
Hi

Apple use either DPD or UPS i thinkfor iphone deliveries.

Yes you can set delivery address to be your parents and the billing address will be in your name, thats not a problem ive done that before.

I think with DPD they text you a hourtimeslot on the day so you have a rough idea when your package will be delivered.

UPS can come anytime, no timeslot just a by end of day delivery.

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Can you not get it delivered to your work?

Yeah I probably could, but I will need to look into it. I would hate for it to arrive after I left for the weekend, at least if it's at my parents I know where it is.

If I'm shipping to my parents, should I put my name or my mums? I could easily leave a form of ID at my mums.

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
It has been UPS all the time for me...Beats Pill Xl return and now got my 6+ replaced for the iSight camera issue (I opted for replacement phone using Express Replacement Service). I didn't get the phone shipped to my work address, but I did get UPS to pick-up my old phone from my office, even though my billing address was my home address. So, I don't see that as a problem either. And yes, I would also be pre-ordering on 11th, I guess :) Good luck

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Thanks for the replies.

Regarding my last question, should I leave the address in my name (bearing in mind I won't be there to collect it), or my mums name?

Cheers

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Thanks for the replies.

Regarding my last question, should I leave the address in my name (bearing in mind I won't be there to collect it), or my mums name?

Cheers
leave it in your name or your mums it doesn't matter, the courier won't know who lives at the house and they won't care either. take it from me I've worked in this game for a long time they just don't want to bring the parcel back to depot.

JerryCooke

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
Bath, UK
I've had deliveries from UKMail and UPS.

UKMail use a similar system to DPD and will text you with an hour timeslot and offer you the choice to change the day or delivery location.

UPS will come whenever they come, but offer a service called UPS MyChoice which you can sign up to - it gives you notifications when you have packages coming to your address and informs you of estimated time slots. Sign up NOW for that, they have to post out an activation code.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I've had iPhones delivered from DPD, UPS and UK Mail.

DPD are the most reliable giving you an hour timeslot. UPS gives you a 4 hour timeslot with MyChoice. UK Mail normally turn up at around 8pm :(. For things like cases, if they use UK Mail add a couple of days to the delivery time because UK Mail hand the last leg off to royal mail.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
I've had iPhones delivered from DPD, UPS and UK Mail.

DPD are the most reliable giving you an hour timeslot. UPS gives you a 4 hour timeslot with MyChoice. UK Mail normally turn up at around 8pm :(. For things like cases, if they use UK Mail add a couple of days to the delivery time because UK Mail hand the last leg off to royal mail.

Depends on the service being used by UKMail

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I had my Apple Watch delivered to my grandparents' house as they were the only ones in my immediate family who would be in that day.

I had my name and their address on the shipping address and UKMail delivered it with no problem.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
yeah most delivery companies won't bother, at the end of the day if I answered the door and its a delivery for my other half, there not going to refuse to deliver it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.