UK iPhone with American iTunes account???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PAC2007, Sep 23, 2007.

1. PAC2007 macrumors member

Strange question I guess, but I live in the UK and might be one who signs up with o2 to get it.

The thing is I have a USA iTunes account? How will this work?

Will it be a case of setting up with o2 for the contract, then registering iPhone with my USA iTunes account?

2. PAC2007 thread starter macrumors member

No one know anything about this?

Everyone has registered with iTunes, you have too, so is there anyone who has registered a other iTunes account with the USA iphone?

3. jeremyhardin macrumors newbie

PAC2007, did you ever carry on with this? I'm running into the same problem.

4. spinstorm macrumors 65816

why dong you just create a UK account? If u dont have a UK credit card use a I'm voucher.

You can then sync it with the US account when the phone is setup.

5. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I believe it just syncs up with whatever iTunes account you have in term of the iTunes store. It automatically synced my US account when I connected my iPhone for the first time and has stayed the same ever since.

I used a UK account to activate the phone and it all seems to work ok. Hope this helps?

6. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Dude, it's fine.

You have to put your Apple I.D. from the UK, and set up an O2 account, but after that, it syncs perfectly with my US account.

I even bought a song from the US WiFi Store on my O2 iPhone :cool:

7. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I have both a U.S. and U.K. iTMS account and an iPhone. Whatever account I I happened to have been logged into when syncing is the region the wireless iTMS uses.

8. jeremyhardin macrumors newbie

thanks all. works like a charm. even buying iTunes content in dollars from the US store.

cheers.