UK iPhone without contract for free?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adammcguk, Jun 13, 2010.

1. adammcguk macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm looking for the iPhone sim free primarily for storing my audible collection and sms. I came across this website after a bit of googling and I'm not sure whether to sign up. It offers an iPhone for free, provided you complete a free trial offer and ask some friends to do the same. It seems pretty legit, it has a video from the BBC & CNN but I'm not sure.

Linky -> http://bit.ly/9LuxcI

Help me guys, I need this iPhone!

2. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

I have never ever seen these 'offers' work it is just a scam in my opinion parading around with supposedly legitimate reviews from well known tv stations.

Also I think the targets set for this will be so high it wont even be possible.

My advise is stay well away from ANY website which promotes these kind of competitions.

3. adammcguk thread starter macrumors newbie

K thanks for the advice. I might give it a shot if it's free, I'll let you know how it all goes :S

4. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

Good luck!

5. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I've read stuff where people have done these "free iPod!iPhone!Laptop!" type sites and they work but it's an enormous pain, there's a huge amount of spam mail (real mail and email) and it takes forever and a year, through problems with waiting for your points to be sent back from the company you did the subscription with and then acknowledged with the site and then getting the product sent.

A lot of them now require you to get x amount of family and friends to sign up too. Also you often do often have to put out some of your own money for the offers (ie be a customer to whatever subscription for a month).

I shrink away from the idea of begging family and friends to do it for me really.