UK iPhones with the reception issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Virtuality, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Virtuality macrumors member

Hi,

Is anyone who bought iPhone 4 in the UK experiencing these dropped calls/reception issues when touching the left side of the phone?

Thanks

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Without bumper yes and no depending if my hands are clammy.

I've got a bumper though ;)

3. hammer2007 macrumors newbie

Yep on o2 16g ip4..I will say im in a very average 3g area which if im lucky i get 1bar mainly searching indoors, outdoors 3 bars but what killed it for me, even on 2g i can go from 5 bars to nothing :( by touching my ip4, my cheapo nokia has always 5 solid bars.

4. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I tried out one of the display models in an O2 shop and I was able to replicate the same reception issue with the metal rim. It had full 3G signal, then once I held it by the bottom-left corner the 3G signal was lost, it dropped to regular GPRS and then slowly went up to full GPRS. 3G wasn't regained until I let go again. Kinda weird.

5. timp123 macrumors member

Mine goes from 5 bars to 1 bar if I cover that corner :(

Apple could have a seriously big (expensive) problem if it is hardware related

6. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

My bars are all over the place - when I hold it bottom left/back although I cant pin it down any more specific than that.

Not sure if it is dropping actual signal or just the bars - I dont seem to have the problem with the bumper on.