UK iPod Touch Screens

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PowerFullMac, Sep 20, 2007.

?

I got a touch from the UK and my screen....

1. WORKS!

46.2%
  2. ITS BROKEN! DAMN APPLE!

53.8%
  1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Some stores in the UK are now stocking Touches so... hows your screen if you got one from the UK?

2. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yeah, I would be interested in hearing if the UK release is problem free because of good quality control

3. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Mine is borderline but not enough to worry about. You have to be in the right light and use the test images to see it. Apple store have offered to exchange it but I probably won't bother unless it really starts to annoy me.

So I can't tick 'it works' but it aint broken either...

4. smr macrumors 6502a

Mine is broken!

Mine (bought from the Birmingham UK Apple Store on Tuesday) has the negative black problem, and it is very obvious on virtually any video which has has any blacks so it is going back for a refund. I'm keeping my options open, but now seriously considering an iPhone instead.

5. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

New iPhones have this problem as well aparently.

6. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I believe it's 'some' new iPhones rather than all though - just as it's only some touches.

My Touch from Apple Store Regent St had the problem, btw. So did another one that I looked at so I got a refund

7. adiemask macrumors member

I too got mine from the Trafford Centre (Manchester) and asked if there was a problem with the screen could I return it for an exchange to which the answer was 'Yes'. Unfortunately I have the problem with the screen.

How long do people think I should leave it before returning it for a replacement? What is Apple's return policy in terms of 'time period'? When will the new 'corrected' batches be available?

8. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

2:5, not as bad as I thought. Keep 'em coming. Personally I'd also be interested to hear whether people bought them from a "brick and mortar" store or Apple Online (I'm thinking the latter, where I ordered mine, will be using newer - and hopefully fixed - stock... but who knows)

At least if they are fixed by now, the more people get the broken ones the less will be in circulation by the time I get mine so go get 'em :p:p:p

9. Quickdood macrumors regular

14 days to exchange or return and they want a 10% restocking fee, but if you can show proof of a defect then they waive the fee

10. adiemask macrumors member

'14 days', I wonder if they will have the fixed batch by then!

The trouble is I don't want to be without my Ipod, I've just sold my old one. If I ask for a refund and leave it for a few weeks until everything is sorted that leaves me 'ipodless'......

11. Quickdood macrumors regular

I'm with you there, I have to make the same decision by next friday. I think I am gonna go with an exchange and hope the one I am exchanging it for doesn't have the problem, also I think once you exchange it you get 14 more days...

12. adiemask macrumors member

I suppose we just have to take our chance with a replacement (it's a shame that screen status couldn't be established at the store).

I've got till a week on Tuesday for my 14 days, maybe before then something else will develop since Steve seems to have acknowledged the problem now...

13. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

No restocking fees in the UK, so no worries there. You also have a minimum of 6 months for exchange/repair the 14 days is only for return (the guarantee covers you for a year anyway and I can't see a company like apple having any problems with exchange within the warranty period).

14. adiemask macrumors member

I think I will give the Trafford Centre Apple store a ring just to make sure that my unit can be swapped for a replacement at some point after my 14 days. I'll also see if they know anything about the less than perfect screens...