UK ISPs : TalkTalk any good?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kolax, Sep 3, 2010.

1. kolax macrumors G3

I'm unable to get fibre optic in my new apartment, so will be stuck with ADSL.

I've checked around, and found TalkTalk to offer fairly good deals. Unlimited (fair use) downloads and up to 24mbps speeds. Has anyone got experience with TalkTalk?

The only ISP I've ever been with was Telewest (now Virgin Media), so I'm out the loop.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. Skengman macrumors member

Skengman

I've heard that they are average for the actual broadband, but they have terrible customer service and everyone who I know who has ever used them has said that they are a nightmare when you want to leave.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews98376.html

812 reviews, 1.5 stars out of 5 over all. I would steer well clear.

3. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Where I am they're pretty good - the connection's very solid. The customer service is pretty crap though.

4. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

5. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

My mother uses TalkTalk. I think that they're ok once you get the line in, but they take FOREVER to get your connection up and running. When she moved earlier this year she had to wait 6 WEEKS to get the connection (no new wiring afaik). Customer service is pretty bad from what I hear, but then who expects good customer service these days anyway?

Also, my mother finds that their advertised speeds rarely come near to reality.

6. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I'm with TalkTalk. The connection is pretty decent, never any issues, speeds aren't a problem, but I wouldn't recommend for Xbox Live gaming or if you torrent a lot.