UK iTunes price parity

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neiltc13, Jul 12, 2008.

1. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Back in January Apple said it would equalise the price of songs on the iTunes store across Europe within six months. This time has now passed, but iTunes Store downloads are still, on the whole, 79p each in the UK.

http://ec.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/press/frontpage/09012008_en.htm

Anyone have any more information on this, like maybe when this is going to happen?

2. synner macrumors member

synner

Hi,

Very interesting as I was thinking about this earlier but couldn't remember if the timeframe was 6 months or 1 year...

So, Apple are being a little naughty and still over-charging here in the UK (Nothing new there though !)

I wonder what happens next...?

Bri

3. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Nothing. It will be just the same as when they said CD prices were too high when I was a teenager. They never came down.

4. Cyburnclassic macrumors member

They still havent dropped the price of music singles. Though they have released some shows at £1.19 a episode instead of £1.89 a episode

5. Matek macrumors 6502a

The British pound lost a lot of value lately. If you type "0.79 GBP in EUR" into google, you get: "0.79 British pounds = 0.987139258 Euros", so the British prices actually are identical to the rest of the EU now and I guess Apple doesn't have to do anything about it.

The only sad fact here is that 1 EUR is about 1.6 USD, but that has been discussed too often already and mostly ended up as a flamewar, so I guess we'll just have to get used to it.

6. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7507100.stm