UK iUP Reservation Date Changes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knightcastle, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Knightcastle macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

Would be interested to have a thread for all of those who didn’t get a Nov 3 date initially and have it (or have had it) brought forward.

Reservations start again from tomorrow which suggests confidence in stock levels. Presumably missed collections etc will continue to feed this.

2. MCube74 macrumors 65816

In Hong Kong ireserve starts tomorrow and I believe Apple has stock as they want to sell to their customers rather than pushing them to the Carriers.

3. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

OK

4. Spacer macrumors member

I’m on 18/11, on iup, and no change here. I may make a separate reservation tomorrow, as I doubt the people that reserve tomorrow morning will go to the back of the queue. Certainly, last year, it was for the same day. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a bump to my actual iup reservation though. Annoyed, as I was on on time on reservation day, but kept getting an error for a launch day slot.

5. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

I was the same. I don’t think we’ll be able to make another reservation tomorrow with one already in place? Perhaps with another Apple ID?

6. Spacer macrumors member

And I’ve got two Apple ids (one from iCloud and one for iTunes). I’m tempted to do it with the other, and explain in store. I’ll pretty disappointed if I’m able to get a reservation ahead of the one I’ve already got. Doesn’t seem like a fair way of running the system.

7. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

I made a new Apple ID and tried at 6am. There was stock but by the time I clicked reserve it had gone.

My place in the queue hasn’t improved and someone likely with use of a bot will get one today

8. bullseyetech macrumors member

bullseyetech

Managed to get one for Regent Street today. Got a silver 64GB. I got locked out last Friday when trying to reserve for the 3rd.

9. Spacer macrumors member

Exactly the same happened to me. Not really a fair system......

10. spooky69 macrumors member

Originally I got 03 December but it recently changed to 18 November.

11. Knightcastle, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017

Knightcastle thread starter macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

Mine changed from Dec 2nd to Dec 1st. You could argue that you've somehow jumped ahead of me. I presume it's something to do with different models and different locations but still this whole "pre-order a reservation slot" process has been pretty poor as far as I'm concerned.

Feels like I'm still at the back of the least important queue with new stock being dished out to online orders and new reservations ahead of upgrade customers.

12. Spacer macrumors member

Yep, I agree that it just doesn't seem a fair system..... with people being able to reserve phones for today, but those of us that were on the app at 0800 on 27/10 still waiting. As you say, I guess it's because of the specifics of our reservation (size/colour/store/etc). I've had an 18/11 reservation since 0814 on 27/10, so I'm hoping for it coming sooner. And I'm not annoyed because I'm IUP (or anything like that), it's just a shame it's not being run as a 'first come first served' system.

13. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

If we don't get ours until late Nov where does that leave us for upgrading next year when new models are potentially released in October?

14. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

15. Spacer macrumors member

16. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

I’m sure they’ve even changed the status wording in the app from “Your phone will be available by Dec 1st” to “Your phone will be available starting Dec 1st”

Makes me think there’s no chance at all of any further improvements

17. Spacer macrumors member

Mine’s always said that..... in the app it shows ‘delivery by’ and on the website it shows ‘starting’. I’m hoping for the former ;-)

18. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

Cheers Spacer. A lot of people seem to have luck on same day reservations today but there’s been nothing up here that I’ve seen on my alt Apple ID.

No movement on date either

19. Spacer macrumors member

Nope, I’m the same. I tried for a Manchester reservation (although I’m in Lincs), but couldn’t get it done before someone beat me (due to 2 factor Auth). I’ve emailed Tim Cook to express my annoyance at how people jump the queue every morning, especially for new IUP reservations. If there’s stock, especially for IUP, it should be for those already in the queue.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2017 ---
    PS: I’m giving up checking at 0600, and will wait for my 18/11 to turn into a date for pickup. It’s just taken the shine off the whole thing for me.

20. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

iStock Now is worth a look, I got a 256gb a silver (I want grey) at 11am today although it was gone by the time I reached booking a time slot.

There’s a bit more grace though than at the 6am rush

21. Spacer macrumors member

I’ve given up. I can’t be bothered checking all the time. I’m just going to wait for my IUP slot to come around. I’m so annoyed by the way they are treating those of us who reserved an IUP slot on 27/10. It’s like we are just permanently at the back of the queue.