UK iUP what happens next year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleMichael, Sep 25, 2016.

1. AppleMichael macrumors member

Hi guys

I got a 7+ on the upgrade program and the person that served me in the Apple Store didn't tell me anything. She didn't even go in to the costs or anything. I knew everything anyway but still thought the lack of info was odd.

Anyway something I haven't seen, and perhaps the US guys who have upgraded can help more here.

Next year do you literally just give the handset back without box and accessories etc and that's it and is there another credit check etc or is it all guaranteed on the finance front because you have been accepted in to the program?

Thanks

2. macmedal macrumors regular

Good question, that is what I want to know, no explanation on Apple website as to what happens if you upgrade after 12months. Do you write off the twelve months of payments and start again or do you get any money back ?

3. LegendaryAced macrumors newbie

LegendaryAced

According to the terms and conditions, you return the handset, but it is not clear if they want the box with the accessories too. My guess is they don't.

Again, according to the T&C, if you decide to upgrade, the pay off the rest of the loan with Barclays and they start a new with a credit check. Some people from the US have reported that they do a soft credit check when you upgrade, but we will have to wait until next year to find out.

I have returned my iPhone due to issues of static noise in video recordings and they refunded the £49 in my card and the rest in the loan directly. Barclays texted me that the loan has been cancelled.