UK Laptop Insurance, any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ijyt, Sep 30, 2009.

  1. ijyt macrumors member

    Sep 28, 2009
    I bought a MBP that I'll be bringing it into College every day to work from, and seeing as AppleCare is just an extended warranty (nuts to them), I was wondering if anyone has experience with Laptop Insurance that covers accidental damage and, more importantly, theft.
    Info like which company is most reliable but also has affordable monthly/yearly prices would be grand.
  2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030


    May 25, 2007
    Birmingham, UK
    Your home insurance may offer cover, failing that LaptopGuard looks ok.
  3. fpar macrumors regular

    Feb 11, 2008
    If you are living on campus, the university will have arranged core contents insurance. All you need to do is pay to have that extended so that your laptop is covered, this cover will will protect the laptop from everything except mechanical failure, and theft by negligence.
  4. ijyt thread starter macrumors member

    Sep 28, 2009
    UK College, not US College. There's a difference between the two.
  5. rileyt macrumors newbie

    Sep 29, 2009
    I am a UK uni student living at home.

    My new 13" MBP is insured for £9 per year! on the house insurance.
  6. ijyt thread starter macrumors member

    Sep 28, 2009
  7. LaPal macrumors newbie

    Oct 4, 2009
    Home Insurance

    When purchasing a computer or laptop, make sure that you inform your insurance company, and that you are covered, never assume that it will be automatically insured

Share This Page