UK Launch; WHEN?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Axxie, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Axxie macrumors newbie

Well, I hardly doubt that I don't have to explain the situation any further and I’m sure anyone from the UK (and outside) are well aware that we’ve yet to be told a launch time.

I called my own Apple store moments ago and was told by the friendly man that they’ve still yet to hear anything, which, given that it’s the day prior at 11AM, seems kind of odd to me. I was told to continue watching the website and if nothing, call back later in hopes they’ve been given some information. I feel I should stress at this moment that my browsers refresh button is starting to feel violated.

So getting myself into a nerd sweat here, It’s going to be launching tomorrow officially right? I can go into store and sign up for one, right?

RIGHT?!

I just don’t want to miss it; I avoided getting the last phone because I knew an upgrade wasn’t that far off in the horizon and I don’t wanna have to wait months for them to get more shipments back in. I want one, tomorrow.

Do you think we’ll find out today, or is Apple up to something?

Someone help me out :(

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Maybe you'll need to go to an O2/Carphone warehouse for the iPhone.

3. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

I would imagine there will be daily shipments, at least to the Apple stores, as that's what they are doing here in the US. So any outages should get filled quickly.

4. Axxie thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I figured as much – but it’s just confusing what with being told different stories left right and center. Some people are saying o2 are opening at midnight, some say it’s 8am tomorrow – I just want a time (me and half the country, heh) so that I don’t turn up and there’s none left. I’d be so pissed.

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Maybe your store is on this LIST

R-Fly

6. Axxie thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't even know that list existed.

THANK YOU!

7. tullys macrumors member

tullys

Stealing Apples Thunder

O2 also mentioned on their website:

8. Axxie thread starter macrumors newbie

That’s fine – I don’t have an original iPhone, new customer here :)

9. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

This is what Apple Regents Street Store says as well. It's because Apple doesn't have access to O2's upgrade systems and therefore can't perform the upgrade themselves.

10. Akaal macrumors member

Akaal

Im worried I wont get an iPhone on Friday, its says that there will only a couple of dozen on Friday, which means they will go out of stock on that day! :(

11. tullys macrumors member

tullys

I take it this was in-store/over phone -- still don't see any updates to any of the apple.com/uk/retail pages as far as opening times

After death and taxes, I reckon third thing in life you can be assured of is that if you have got an iPhone 3G by EOB Friday, you'll probably not get one over the weekend.