UK, Mac friendly, Non touchscreen phone

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jiff Lemon, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Jiff Lemon macrumors member

Any one help?

Looking for a Mac friendly mobile phone.

Currently got a HTC windows smartphone which is great as a phone, syncs to my Mac via missing sync perfectly (contacts with pictures, text messages, calender etc). However, I'm due a new phone and since everything at the moment is going touch screen I'm struggling to find something suitable.

Thought about the Nokia N96, but am open to suggestions (as long as it doesn't have a touch screen interface).

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

You might start by looking at Apple's list of phones supported by OS X and iSync.

I've found kludges and programs to be erratic unless you are actually adding the description of the phone to the plist (as with the mod for the Nokia 6300 offered up by some guy in Denmark).

3. garybUK Guest

garybUK

I'd probably say your best off with the N96, i have the N95 8GB, Nokia Multimedia Transfer will sync Bookmarks, Music (with iTunes) and Photo's (with iPhoto), Nokia also provide a iSync plugin for iCal + Address Book + Tethering.

It can do it all over Bluetooth or USB.

This all works for the N96 too, which has a better OS Feature Pack, Symbian 6 5th Edition (iirc)

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I had a N95 before my iPhone and it worked quite well with my Mac.

You can transfer files with Bluetooth & USB, synch with iCal, Address Book, iPhoto & iTunes and can tether by USB or Bluetooth. There's some information here.

You still need access to Windows for software & firmware updates.

5. harshkk macrumors newbie

Non Touch Screen Phones

I think Touch screen or PDA's are more successful or user friendly than our normal mobile phones. By the stylus only u can operate all the functions of your mobile phone. I had also used Nokia N96 and very much happy with the servicies available in it. I never tried N96 with MAC but i feel it can be use without any Issue. I have one question can any give some information about
    Double Sim card Phone having TV Mobile phone facility ? i just checked it on one online shopping site..