Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.


macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2014
United Kingdom
I have a 2011 Mac Mini from the US and until now I've been using an adapter, which is workable but not ideal. I'd like to replace that adapter with an actual UK power cord but my searching has left me lost. Can anyone please direct me to what I'm actually looking for?

Thank you very much for your help.


macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2006
Kent. UK
Apple don't sell replacement power cords. I tried to do the opposite of your quest when I was in the US. The best thing to do is go to any high street electrical store, Dixons or Curry's, PC World, anything like this and just get any electrical power cord with the correct shaped head. I don't know what the Mac Mini uses, is it a figure 8, a regular Kettle fixing? Either of these are very easy to find.

If you want to look on line, Amazon will certainly have something that will fit, you can also try somewhere like, they have lots of options.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
It's just an IEC C7 power chord (sometimes called figure 8). You can pick them up from loads of places (e.g. Maplin or a PC store) or Amazon. You probably already have a few of these for old radios or something lying around at home. :)


macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
I always buy a 1€ black one for my mini's, in the rare case I have less then 5 of those laying around. Apple delivers one in the wrong colour strangely. I was expecting them to be out of their white iMac cords by now. White cord on the Mini looks ridiculous.

And Ebay can't be beaten on this:
Chinese are always cheaper and better treated than low-wage Amazon slaves.
Too bad UK plugs are so humongous. You pay double the money:
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.