UK Macbook prices

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by J E D, Apr 20, 2009.

1. J E D macrumors newbie

Hello,

Just wondering what people thoughts were on this..... The upgraded macbooks should get launched within the next few months (Hopefully:))

When the iMac recently got upgraded the prices went up a lot in the UK - do people thing the same will happen with the macbooks??

I have the money to buy now, but would rather wait for the new spec to get released. However if they are going to add £150 to the price tag then I would rather buy now:)

Any thoughts??

Cheers...

2. priller macrumors regular

They already went up with the last update, the top end model went up almost £200. I can't see Apple getting away with pushing the prices up even more.

3. molala macrumors 6502a

Except if the £ gets any lower against the US dollar. During the last update it wasn't quite this bad. In fact, they raised the price of refurb Macbooks sometime in Nov-Dec to compensate for the currency value change (that's my theory anyway). So yes, the new revisions may be more expensive.

4. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Remember that we have our set 15% VAT included in our prices, America advertises their prices pre-VAT (Sales Tax) because different Sates charge different amounts. However, including currency conversion and VAT, the UK still pays on average 8% more for a Mac, and I have a sinking feeling we always will.

5. J E D thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope they don't put them up again, but I kinda thought that price increase was related to an improved machine rather than the exchange rate change.

Thanks to the rest of you for your feedback on this....

6. Stiss macrumors 6502a

what do we hope for in terms of an upgrade?

im more than happy with my MacBook.

7. scarfication macrumors newbie

U.k is cheap!

the uk is cheaper then in europe at least in the netherlands because of the low rate of the pound.

price of a macbook book alu 2.4 Ghz.

Live rates at 2009.04.21 15:32:38 UTC
    1,125.00 GBP =1,271.47 EUR
    United Kingdom Pounds Euro
    1 GBP = 1.13019 EUR 1 EUR = 0.884805 GBP

here it cost. 1499.00 euro

i can go to england (London)chill out for 2 days and go back cheaper ;)