UK MacBook Pro Shipping Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by calabi, Mar 9, 2008.

1. calabi macrumors regular

Hey guys, to all those in the uk who've ordered a new macbook pro, i have a little question, my macbook pro said it shipped on the 4th, it's now the 9th, and i still can't track it :( is this normal, it says the estimate delivery date is the 14th which seems ages to me? is it normal for apple to give an extended delivery date to cover themselfs? any help would be great.

2. GreyMatta macrumors regular

I ordered the same spec as you on the day they were released. I had an email telling me that it had shipped on the 27th with an estimated delivery of the 11th or 12th.

I still have no tracking info on my order status page. I have even tried TNT.co.uk with the apple tracking number but it says its not found :confused:

why does it take 2 weeks for apple to ship a laptop from China but If I buy something of eBay from China its here in less than a week

3. calabi thread starter macrumors regular

yea i got the same, i ordered by mbp on the day it came out, when i called apple on friday, they said my order was likely to arrive in the uk tomorrow (10th) the reference i was given also cannot be tracked either, maybe the tracking information doesn't work until it gets into the uk? maybe our mbp's are on the same shipment!

4. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

really? I already have mine, I ordered on the release date as well. It came on the 7th.

Apparently UK shipments are only trackable when they reach the UK.

5. calabi thread starter macrumors regular

your so lucky, i ordered mine about 5 hours after they where released (about 6pm uk time) on your orginal order what was your estimate delivery date? did it come quicker?

the wait is killing me! i just wanna use it!

6. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

Estimate shipping was : 29/02/2008 - 04/03/2008
    Estimate delivery was : 05/03/2008 - 10/03/2008
    and it came on the 7th

7. GreyMatta macrumors regular

HeHe I called on Friday as well and was told the estimate of the 11th sounded about right because the shipment was due in Europe on the 8th

Looking forward to playing with this baby (I sold my 2GHz C2D BlackBook to my brother-in-law last week for £700. typing this on my wifes MacBook) I have loads of university work to do but I know I will be playing loads of games in Bootcamp :D

8. calabi thread starter macrumors regular

i really hope as i ordered on the same day that they're on the same shipment, although maybe i'm just getting over excited! let me know when you get your tnt shipping number working! on the apple store order status my shipping my shipping method still says merge in transit in GB.

You hopefully should get shipping details tomorrow! I know what you mean, i can't wait for it to come, i have loads of stuff i need to do on it, but i think i'm going to be playing too much!

9. GreyMatta macrumors regular

10. Czechmac macrumors regular

Mine shipped on the 4th. I have also ordered applecare. I still ahve no tracking available, but I called apple a few times and this is what I got:

If you have more things then they need to merge your order. The macbooks ship from Shanghai and are sent to Holland. There they are joined with applecare into one package.

After that I am not sure, but I'd think they probably send the order by boat and then it get to the carrier in the UK. Once it gets to the carrier you can track it.

So, in the end you are able to track the order as it comes to you, which I think is the most important because you need to be at home to pick it up.

Anyways, the whole tracking is screwed for UK. My order says expected 17-18 march, my tracking page says 15 march and apple phone support says 14 for sure.

11. calabi thread starter macrumors regular

i ordered a bag with my mbp? i've just noticed the shipping method says "Merge in Transit GB", looks like your right!

12. calabi thread starter macrumors regular

13. Luigi81 macrumors newbie

Shipped on the 3rd of march. Today I have a tracking number (that doesn't work) and it says courier: "uk distribution centre".
    Extimated delivery 7th March!!!!
    I hope to have my first mac in my hands before friday. I am in London.

14. GreyMatta macrumors regular

I have the same but my estimated delivery is now the 5th of March :confused:

it looks like TNT are using Deloreans to deliver these. :D

15. GreyMatta macrumors regular

just checked again and it now says

estimated delivery 12th

and it has a different tracker number for TNT. should be with me tomorrow :D

16. calabi thread starter macrumors regular

Result! Let us know when it comes! Still nothing for me, guess it won't be till the end of the week!

17. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Just checked with TNT's site. My MBP was picked up on the 8th in Shanghai and was just scanned in at Northampton about 5 minutes ago. I ordered it on the 5th.

18. graf macrumors newbie

FWIW - I ordered a standard matte middle model MBP on the day they were announced, it shipped on the 29th of Feb and arrived 6th March, so it arrived 6 days after it was sent. (to the UK)

19. MacSamurai macrumors regular

MacSamurai

what the heck is the "uk distribution centre" whats the point of having the tracking number if i cant use it :(

20. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

21. MacSamurai macrumors regular

MacSamurai

what exactly is the pick up date?the date that they recieve the package at the centre?

22. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

That's the day that TNT collect it from the MacFactory.

23. Czechmac macrumors regular

I had the same, shipped on 4th, yesterday it said delivery by 7th and carrier Uk distribution centre. Today it gave a tnt tracking and expected delivery by tomorrow (12th). This is kinda nice, because my initial estimate was 17th-18th, then it went to 15th, apple told me 14th on the phone and now it's 12th.

Overall, about a week of shipping, and my order had to be merged with applecare package in Holland.

This is what I got so far:

11 Mar 2008 22:50 Northampton Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
    11 Mar 2008 21:48 Nuneaton Shipped From Originating Depot

Can't wait till tomorrow, hope it doesn't have any faults, but then again the applestore is only 15 minutes away.

24. Czechmac macrumors regular

uk distribution centre center seems to be in Nuneaton, but TnT hub is in Northampton.

25. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Things are a bit weird. Mine shipped 2 days early on the 1st March, then no info until last night when it reached the UK distribution centre. It came up as TNT this morning and got delivered, one day ahead of scedule.

For one point yesterday briefly, my delivery date also came up as a date in the past (6th March).

Worth the wait though. I'm typing on my new 15" now. :cool: