UK Mail deliveries -- what do we know about them?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Apr 23, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

So the UK carrier is UK Mail. What do we know about them?

Do they give you delivery slots? When? Can you track the driver? Get text alerts?

Are they reliable? Have you had good/bad experiences?

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

3. leeingham macrumors 6502

Ive always had Apple stuff from them I believe and had many other things mainly from Shopto.net - Always good but not always on time but if you are at home or work then it won't make any difference to your day etc

4. TheLastOfConnor macrumors member

They've delivered iPads and iPhones in the past to me with no issue. I only ever seem to notice their vans on the roads on Apple launch days though.

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Yeah Apple launches are the only time I've ever seen them around.

Anything big they use their own vans for. Anything small/untracked (like the accessories) they offload to royal mail, which generally adds 2 days onto the delivery time.

6. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

I've had mixed service from them, but always got my package on the day, one way or another. Thankfully they've opened a depot closer to me should I need to go and collect it

7. gmidgley macrumors newbie

From my post on the Order Thread for UK

"Really hope its not UKMail - O2 use the idiots and the driver didn't deliver two iPhone last time, cause "there was no where to park". I live on one of the main roads into Birmingham - and there is plenty of parking just off the main road. Came out for delivery the following day and driver "couldn't find property" Had to complain directly to their CEO and he couldn't be arsed - claimed 2 days lost work from O2.

Might have to stick a sign on my house

"UKMail Stop Here --> Plenty of Park Round The Back"

8. jcwacky macrumors newbie

Anyone know how much of a chance you get of finding out an estimated delivery time from UK Mail? Even by contacting them?

I only ask as I'm going on holiday tomorrow and would be good to know if I'm in for a chance if I wait around a few extra hours!

9. IrritatedBadger macrumors regular

You won't get a time. Just wait 24 hours & you'll know.

10. Tim7 macrumors 6502

Tim7

I've had 3 things delivered by UK Mail this year and they've always emailed me at 10am on the delivery day with a 1 hour time slot and always arrived in this time slot.

May be different for a big product launch such as this though?

11. Davk87 macrumors newbie

42mm SS Black leather loop was straight to 4 - 6 weeks for me too. I really wish apple would just come out and be honest about it all. Maybe even send us the watch without the band so we can go get a band in store