UK memory upgrade prices?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ANTMUZ, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ANTMUZ macrumors member

I'm looking at getting a mac pro - hopefully an updated one next week - and was wondering where to find the best prices in the UK for memory? I've looked at Crucial and they're doing 4GB for £270 here, does that sound decent? I also want optimum performance from the chips, so don't mind spending extra money to get the best.

Are the Crucial ones as good as the ones that Apple provides in its BTO? With an education discount I can get an upgrade to 4GB for £370 at the Apple store. But with Crucial, I'll end up with 4GB (+ the standard 1GB) and a £100 saving.

I'll mostly be using the MP for audio (Logic) editing/recording, and maybe the odd bit of video editing too.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The Crucial RAM is certified to work with the Mac Pro. It should have identical timings to the stuff Apple supply.

3. dogbait macrumors regular

I purchased 4GB of Crucial RAM last month for my new Mac Pro, with a 10% discount voucher (look around, you can easily find 5%) it came to £250 odd.

It's identical to the RAM that some Mac Pro's come with, so I wouldn't worry about it working. Mine came with slightly beefier heatsinks than the default Mac Pro RAM, which was nice :)