UK Networks?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PhillyC, Mar 20, 2009.

1. PhillyC macrumors newbie

Is there any truth in the whisper that the iPhone will be made available on all UK networks at some point this year?:apple::eek::)

2. The Phazer macrumors 68030

What whisper?

I think it's very unlikely. The level of rumours about iPhone being available on other networks is huge, and they have a 100% failure rate so far...

Phazer

3. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Haven't heard that. Don't think it is likely. UK laws are very restrictive in terms of handset locking unlike Italy Australia and France etc.

4. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

When I ordered my iPhone the other month o2 said they had exclusive rights to the iPhone in the UK for the foreseeable future.
    So no, there is no truth in that "whisper".

5. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

It's a well known fact that O2 are only able to see up to two weeks into the future. Therefore, foreseeable isn't very long.

6. sallythemac Guest

Let me guess who told you this... Orange? It's always Orange. Every other network have done the correct thing - o2 got the iPhone, so they go look for the "next iPhone" and get it exclusive incase it takes off. Voda = Storm and The Google Magic, T-Mobile = The G1. Orange? They just tell anyone that rings up to cancel their contract "The iPhone is coming to Orange in a few months! Just hold on". It's the longest "few months" of anyone's life. It's so annoying.

7. riggers macrumors newbie

Would imagine that the initial contract couldn't be more than two years but who knows...
    Apple would sell alot more units by not being vendor exclusive.