Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
im getting the 4s soon, i want a couple of things, a screen protector, a body protector, i heard there was some cases that could do both body and screen like the old nokia snake skins?

what are essential apps?

on my mbp i use all of the proffessional programmes that you could think off obviously not all (for smartasses) what apps coincide with these?

Ramsay2011

macrumors member
May 7, 2011
Grindr is an essential app.

Don't download that app hahahaha

i keep the original screen protectors on and cut off the 2 bottom pieces a square for the camera, slit for the speaker and circle for the home button works a treat i also use the switch easy 1mm case not too bad does get scratched very easily tho

moel

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
If you are a member of the Gay Lesbian or Transgender community, then probably

However, basically there's a million apps out there for whatever you want to do. Realistically you shouldn't be making decisions on your iPhone app purchases based on everything on your macbook pro...

Get it, enjoy it...you can't break it, you'll love ios5, and there's an entire community here to help :D

To get you started heres a few essentials on my iPhone

Tv Guide
Tesco Finder
Dominos pizza
Navfree - UK & ROI (free turn by turn sat nab)
Remote
Speakers (allows you to use your iPhone as an AirTunes receiver (excellent for distributing the same music from your macbook round the house)
Photobucket
Mouse Lite

Twitter (now integrated into iOS5)
Facebook
BBC News
Wired news
Sky Sports Score Centre
Livescore

The only other notable thing is tvcatchup.com
which is web based, but lets you watch any of the freeview/free satellite channels, over your data connection/wifi

Oh and there are MANY sorts of protective case...i find the screen 'films' to be a complete bloody waste of time tho...

one sexy case is the graft concepts one, but you'll be waiting 6 weeks..and i'm desperately trying to convince people not to buy one, so that it's a basic rarity in the UK.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011

However, basically there's a million apps out there for whatever you want to do. Realistically you shouldn't be making decisions on your iPhone app purchases based on everything on your macbook pro...

Get it, enjoy it...you can't break it, you'll love ios5, and there's an entire community here to help :D

To get you started heres a few essentials on my iPhone

Tv Guide
Tesco Finder
Dominos pizza
Navfree - UK & ROI (free turn by turn sat nab)
Remote
Speakers (allows you to use your iPhone as an AirTunes receiver (excellent for distributing the same music from your macbook round the house)
Photobucket
Mouse Lite

Twitter (now integrated into iOS5)
Facebook
BBC News
Wired news
Sky Sports Score Centre
Livescore

The only other notable thing is tvcatchup.com
which is web based, but lets you watch any of the freeview/free satellite channels, over your data connection/wifi

Oh and there are MANY sorts of protective case...i find the screen 'films' to be a complete bloody waste of time tho...

one sexy case is the graft concepts one, but you'll be waiting 6 weeks..and i'm desperately trying to convince people not to buy one, so that it's a basic rarity in the UK.

thanks man im looking into graft concept as we speak, im curious about remote tho, does this control your tv? if so excellent as my lg remote is effing up and lg wont replace it even though i got it this year without a reciept...?

moel

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
No no, Remote is an Apple App, that lets you control your iTunes remotely. Again handy if your computers plugged into the stereo and you want to control it from the poker table..

Yofi

macrumors member
May 25, 2009
Montreal, QC

Eh, there are plenty of us who aren't in the market for anonymous hookups…I have no use for Grindr, mind you! (Tied down for 3.5 years and counting…) :p

moel

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Hey i'm not saying that all homosexuals are ardent whores! And besides i've just downloaded the lady equivalent of grinder..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.